Tens machine ???

Reaction score
Is anyone planning to use a TENS machine during labour or has anyone tried one before ??

Are they any good ?

x

I used one last time, it got me to 8cm and I'll definitely being using it again this time. I had my first contraction at 2am, and put the tens on about 8am once I was certain it was it.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Im interested in this too. Did us buy or rent one? Ive heard u can rent but have no clue were from though.

Take it their good then? x

I have an extreme phobia of electricity...so cannot even bring myself to think about using one. Quite gutting as I've read so many positive things x

Tri Hopping :)

My mum used one with my brother and she sed it was awful made the pain ten times worse and wouldnt reccomend it to amyone xxx

i used one when i had my daughter i bought it from boots at £40 but that was 9 years ago, it worked well as it was my first baby and i managed to stay at home until i was 9cm, didnt find it was any use after that though when the contractions were really strong it was worth the money though, im sure your midwife can tell you where to loan them from.

I was reading up about these earlier, I'm still undecided x

I bought, purely because I didn't want to have to remember to send it back. You can hire online. Or even from boots or Lloyds pharmacy.

the theory behind it is not that it cures pain, but you're supposed to start using it before you need any pain relief and it builds up the endorphins in your system which help block the pain. So if you use it too late it's basically pointless and won't work.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

It may not be your cup of tea but I want to try it. Might buy then resell afterwards. Planning on a homebirth with gas and air so I'll need all the help I can get ;-)

I think you can rent them also if you don't want to buy. This is my first so not used one before but am thinking about it x

If you follow the link I put in, there is one that's on offer at the moment, not much more to buy than to hire

Mine was amazing. I had 4day false labour (so basically contractions coming and going at random) and it was amazing. But like someone said above you need to start it early. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back