Tender abdominal spot

xSuzx

Reaction score
about 2 weeks ago I was giving myself a belly rub and as I was doing so I found a really tender spot on my abdomen, it's just at the top of my uterus slightly to the left side, at first I thought it was caused by ligerments and muscles streching or the baby being a bit rough with one spot, but it's still there now.

It's not gotten any better and is quite painfull and shocks me if I catch it by accident when just doing normal house work.

I'm going to mention it to my midwife on thursday esp as I've been getting quite a few Braxton hicks (some of them quite strong but not painfull) lately.

Has anyone else experienced anything like it, or have any idea what it could be.

xSuzx

hi hun not really had any sore spots but am getting a lot of braxton hicks which can be a bit uncomfortable :? if your worried best thing to do is give your midwife a call xxxx

Hi Rach

I spoke to my midwife today and she phone the labour ward for a second appinion, she said that it souldn't really be anything to worry about, she said it could possibly be a small placenta abruption but not to worry to much as long a babys active, as a small abruptions don't really cause any problems and wouldn't even show up on a scan anyway.

But if the tender spot gets worse, the BH become painful or if I have any spotting I'm to call straight away just in case.

xSuzx

That's reassuring for you Suz, I hope the pain is easier.

Did the m/w tell you to rest as much as possible?
Can the placenta repair itself or will you now always have those pains?

Take it easy
xx

hi Anna Marie

If it is small abruption then no the placenta can't repair it's self, unfortunaly it means that the placenta has come away from the wall of the uterus a little bit and once that happens it can not reattach itself, sometimes with abruptions there is bleeding sometime there is not ( as the blood can stay trapped behind the placenta)

there are different degrees of abruption, sometimes they are small these don't normally cause any problem, sometimes they can be bigger and can cause fetaldistress, somtimes very rarely you can have a complete abruption and these can be very dangerous.

like I said MW just said it could possiblybe an abruption so not to worry to much esp as my little beans HB is very good an it's very active.

She told me that when I get strong BH to rest and not to over do it, but other then that I can still do my day to day activities and as I don't work and my boys are at school or play group I get plenty of time to relax.

xSuzx

glad everything seems to be ok hun make sure you take things easy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back