Tena pants instead of maternity pants?

Chrissi

Reaction score
Hi, for those of you who've had babies before, do you think tenalady pants will work as well as maternity pads? I'm a support worker, and a couple of our residents use tena pants for urine leakage etc, and they seem to hold quite alot of fluid. They look pretty comfy lol, so I wondered whether these might be good for being out and about after I've had baby and for those first couple of days during and after hospital.

I used regular MAT pads - but only because these are designed to absorb blood, among other thinner fluids..

Tenna is specifically for urine, other thin leakages - Id say they may not be suitable straight after labour, but once blood dies down and is less clotty and thick then perhaps.

Someone may know first hand, but personally Id go with the MAT pads, or even some big sanitary towels. I had some back up Kotex and Always Night, which worked better at night for me.

Good luck.

xxxx

Just based on my experience after my first it is quite messy, alot of blood and other fluid. Maternity pads will be better for the first week or so. But I've never used Tena so I don't know how much they would hold cx

I also had some TENA pants too as I didn't really know what they were at first to be honest lol
FTM but I have disposable knickers and maternity pads and some
large black knickers too .

Due to my trouble with urinary incontinence I have bought Tesco branded urinary inontinence pants (Tena brand tend to irritate me after I've worn them for a while - don't know why that is) AND maternity pads.

I intend to stick the maternity pad inside the incontinence pants. Not sure if it'll work mind but I'll soon find out! Problem is that each have been designed to deal with certain levels of fluids. Blood will have thicker molecules so the maternity pad is designed specifically for that...then the incontinence pad is designed purely for urine so it'll absorb thinner moleculed fluid. It all depends though on the level of incontinence though. Mine is really bad right now so I feel the need to combine just for my own peace of mind.

Before I got pregnant again I did have urinary incontinence but when I had my period I was able to wear a Kotex night time heavy duty pad daily while changing it frequently and didn't have any accidents. Since being pregnant the amount of urine I leak is unreal and has gotten much worse so that's why I'm going to try the pants and pad combined at first. I'm hoping that it won't be needed, but it's for peace of mind in preventing anymore accidents while I'm out and about really. x

Last edited:
From a practical point... I was very sore down there after birth and taking off and putting on pants became a chore... It's much easier to replace s pad every couple of hours rather than bending and changing pants.

Thanks ladies, I didn't actually think about urine being thinner... DUH!
I will just stick with normal mat pads then I think. Tena are quite pricey aswell!! Going to get all the last bits for baby and hospital bag on Monday, so wanted to make sure everything is right. :) xx

Sorry if TMI but my blood just slipped straight off maternity pads so I've opted for always maxi night time pads and cheap pants . I wondered about tena and keep looking at them when I'm shopping x

Sorry if TMI but my blood just slipped straight off maternity pads so I've opted for always maxi night time pads and cheap pants . I wondered about tena and keep looking at them when I'm shopping x

I just thought, as our residents use them they looked so practical lol. Obe lady won't wear a stick in pad or a full pad with sticky tacks on, but she seems content with the pants, so I thought they must be pretty comfortable x

I found the maternity pads slipped out so I wore pants and a pad then another pair of pants and a pad, it was such a thick structure that there was no way anything was escaping :lol: x

I used big black knickers, like Bridget Jones style! and Asda maternity pads, they were comfortable on my stitches and did not leak any blood, I also used them when my waters broke and it contained that well also x

I used disposable knickers and put a maternity pad in them.. It's something to do with the chemicals in them and they need changing so often to prevent infection as it's a breeding place for bacteria.. For like the first two weeks or so then slowly changed back to normal knickers but kept using mat pads until lochia bleeds have stopped..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back