Tempting Fate?

iWitch

Reaction score
I've found a 2nd nursing chair for cheap....I'm 10weeks tomorrow, am I tempting fate if I buy it?

Hmmm, you are only a couple of weeks off now hun but personally i'm waiting x

I wouldnt say tempting fate as i dont believe in that lol ive bought maternity clothes :) up to you really :)

I had resolved not to buy a thing but the chair is £160 new and its going for £45 - I'm extremely tempted and would love somewhere comfy to sit when feeding because I have a bad back xx

I'd buy it if I were u but I don't believe in 'jinxing' things.
I bought DD's pram when I was 8wks pregnant cuz it was on sale and all was fine :) x

imo nothing you buy is tempting fate tbh! if something was going to happen, it will happen regardless of what purchases you make :)

It;s just personal choice when you start buying stuff!

Trying to arrange to see it before purchasing - if I decide to buy I'm gonna store it at a relatives xx

Buy it! You can always sell it on eBay if needed etc or keep a hold
Of it for next time

:)

I don't believe in all that, I'd buy it. I've already said yes to an offer off a friend for a cot bed and rocking chair and I'm only 6wks x

Were not buying things for a long time, but if you are an offer then buy or and store it elsewhere.

Personally I'd buy it and then keep it at a friend or family members house untill you feel safe enough to bring it home xxx

If you're not superstitious then go for it :)

Last edited:
Go for it! With my son I started buying from 11 weeks (my dating scan) x

I personally think that no matter what you buy don't buy your can't tempt fate I would snap up the bargain...I did however store all furniture for baby at my mum's but only because she made me lol x

I did purchase the chair - it's sooo comfortable and like new! Will defo be keeping my eye on netmums for a few bargains. DH loves it too...hopefully this will encourage him to do some night feeds despite him working all the time!

Lol when me and baby are up hubby is going to be up whether he likes it or not lol mum is taking a week off in January so we can buy everything then unless some deals pop up

I did purchase the chair - it's sooo comfortable and like new! Will defo be keeping my eye on netmums for a few bargains. DH loves it too...hopefully this will encourage him to do some night feeds despite him working all the time!

Just googled netmums and had a look

My brain doesn't allow for websites like that just yet - it confused me and made me frown... :lol:

Just googled netmums and had a look

My brain doesn't allow for websites like that just yet - it confused me and made me frown... :lol:

There's a green tab on the that says Local To You and then a sub menu click on Nearly New. It was there xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back