Temping

Sparklegirl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking of starting to use temping but I dont know how it all works. Do I need a certain type of thermometer to do this with, and what patterns do I need to look for when temping? Little confused so any help would be fantastic

You need a Digital Basal Body Thermometer. Basal temperature is your temperature when you very first awaken in the morning. That means that you take your temperature before you stand up, go to the bathroom, take a sip of water, brush your teeth, talk on the phone, or kiss your spouse.
Using a BBT chart will only tell you when you have ovulated. It doesn't predict ovulation. Occasionally, you may experience a temperature dip on the day of ovulation. This is caused by an estrogen surge right at ovulation. Unfortunately, this does not always occur. In order to predict ovulation. xx

Last edited:
You need a Digital Basal Body Thermometer. Basal temperature is your temperature when you very first awaken in the morning. That means that you take your temperature before you stand up, go to the bathroom, take a sip of water, brush your teeth, talk on the phone, or kiss your spouse.
Using a BBT chart will only tell you when you have ovulated. It doesn't predict ovulation. Occasionally, you may experience a temperature dip on the day of ovulation. This is caused by an estrogen surge right at ovulation. Unfortunately, this does not always occur. In order to predict ovulation. xx

Interesting to read. I have found one, is it worth it? I dont want to waste money if its unlikely to help me

Can get them for 3/4 pound from ebay/amazon. I done it the month I got preg and I could see you temp rising, usually drops before period but stays up of your preg. I think it is a good option but just have to remember to do as soon as you wake up, this month I've only rememberd once aha xx

I might get one then, I am a creature of habit so I should be ok remembering to do it!

Silly question but is a Celsius or Fahrenheit one best or does it not matter?

I'm temping too this month. F or C it's up to you whichever you prefer. I prefer C. X

I'm temping too this month. F or C it's up to you whichever you prefer. I prefer C. X

Thank you! I think probably C for me too when I searched what the regular body temp is and realised the 37 degrees I know is C. Well that was easy! I am getting one with a free chart and will keep a note of it all.

Do I need to start temping at any particular time in my cycle? Currently having a hugely traumatic AF so I just want that to be over but dont want to miss out on starting this as soon as the thermometer arrives x

Thermometer arrived yesterday afternoon so I took my temp this morning first thing and it was 36.33. It said in the instructions it had to be after 3 hours of solid uninterrupted sleep but I have spinal problems which wakes me up very regularly so I never get 3 hours uninterrupted kip- is this likely to affect my reading?

Yes it will have an effect, you will more than likely have erratic temps which will be difficult to interpret x

Well don't worry about it too much. Make sure you stay still in bed and dont get up to go to the loo 2 hours before your alarm. x

Typical! Would be me if anyone lol but never mind I will persevere and see where I get with it. If its not helping me much I will at least have a thermometer for when I am ill haha gotta look on the bright side! x

Seems to be quite a drop in my temperature today, I'm usually somewhere between 36.01 and 36.49 and today I was 35.73. I should be coming to ovulation I think, how long from me seeing the drop to it actually happening? or as I likely to drop further?

Seems to be quite a drop in my temperature today, I'm usually somewhere between 36.01 and 36.49 and today I was 35.73. I should be coming to ovulation I think, how long from me seeing the drop to it actually happening? or as I likely to drop further?

If its O then it drops and then goes back up. Are you getting any other signs you might be getting ready to O?

If its O then it drops and then goes back up. Are you getting any other signs you might be getting ready to O?

Faint lines on my opk test and FF is predicting it will arrive some time this week. This is my first time temping do I'm just noting the temperature each day and hoping I get the hang of what it all means

It dropped markedly and its gone up this morning ever so slightly to 35.79. I am waiting to OPK test today to see if the line is any more prominent

Post a pic of your chart? :)

I'm temping this month too x

Post a pic of your chart? :)

I'm temping this month too x

I am locked in a battle with my mobile in a bid to get the chart uploaded. I will put it up as soon as I possibly can! How are you finding it, have you done it before? x

If this has worked, this should be my chart

Attachments

• FF chart 26 April 2016.jpg
    FF chart 26 April 2016.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 9
I was temping in November for the first time. Now this is my second month. I find it very useful as you can see your ov day. Your dip looks like ovulation dip. Would be interesting to see what it does tomorrow morning :) X

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back