temping question

gypsy

Reaction score
Is it more important to take your temp as you wake or at the same time each day

TIA

Shell

you're all looking but........................ :lol:

I want to know this answer to... so your not allowed to view any other post before replying to this one!!!! :evil:

(please :) )

It's really important that you take your temp when you first wake up and before you do anything, including kissing your other half. If you take it at the same time each day but this is not when you wake up then it will be inaccurate as so many other things will have effected your temp. You also need to take your waking temp at the same time every day as you get hotter as the morning progresses even if you are still asleep. It's a pain I know as we all like to sleep in at weekends or days off. I was temping for about a year and used to set my alarm to go off at weekends to wake me up at the time I'd get up to go to work, take my temp and then go back to sleep. It is a real bug to bare but it does create a much more accurate reading. Also I ended up temping vaginally as your temps are also affected by if you have been asleep with your mouth open. The best reason for doing it vaginally is that hubby doesn't notice as the beeping is under the duvet and he can't hear it. In fact I'm not sure my husband even realise I was doing it from down there.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck,
Becs

That has made me laugh about hearing the beep under the covers!!

I set my alarm for 6.15am every morning (even when I'm off at the weekends!) and I roll over take my temp (using the light from my mobile) then I put my temp in my phones notes section and go back to sleep until 6.45am.

Then I put temp from phone into the computer at work (hehe!)

Its habit now and I know I sleep with my mouth closed so dont need to worry about vaginally temping (although this is better)

:D

marge said:
I know I sleep with my mouth closed so dont need to worry about vaginally temping (although this is better)

:D

OK I have been temping mouthwise......should I not be!!!!

never even gave a thought to doing it t'ther way :oops:

I orally temp every day because however I sleep that's how I do it every day so it should always show the same result.

I think so long as you do it the same way all month it shouldn't make that much difference. The only thing you shouldn't do is change from oral temps to vaginal temps mid month.

The only time it's made any difference to me is when I had a cold and I was breathing all night with my mouth open because my nose was so blocked up.....my temps were differnt then but I think they would have been with just having a cold anyway.

gypsy, temping via your mouth is ok and like chrissy1 said you need to make sure you do it the same way through your cycle but you can change at the start of your next cycle as vaginal temping is meant to be more accurate.

I've read that if you sleep with your mouth open you are likely to have inaccurate temps.

Temping orally works ok for me and I see a clear shift once I have ovulated.

HTH x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back