Temping - have I missed my chance this cycle?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by broody2013, Feb 28, 2016.

1. broody2013

broody2013 Well-Known Member

Hi girls, here is my chart from FF. I was expecting it to rise today but it hasn't. I got very anxious for 2 hours yesterday and now I am emotional today as I feel we have missed our chance yet again and I won't be ovulating this cycle, again! despite a great dark OPK a couple of days ago. We plan to keep following SMEP. Any advice would be appreciated. Am I right in thinking if I don't have a temp rise by tomorrow that I am out for this cycle?

Attached Files:

2. broody2013

Ooh just got sharp left sided shooting pains 5 minutes ago! Sadly hubby is napping but I will pounce on him in a couple of hours and hope we will have BDd in time.

3. lillith112

lillith112 Well-Known Member

It can take a couple of days to ovulate after a positive opk, the opks just pick up a surge of lh, the don't actually pinpoint ovulation, keep going and yes definitely pounce on hubby lol. Best of luck hun. xx

4. lillith112

Just to add eggs can survive 12 - 24 hours so you might still be in with a chance tomorrow too ! xx

5. broody2013

Thanks Lilllith, you have been so supportive thanks for all your help and input. I hope you're okay xxx

6. lillith112

You are very welcome, glad I could help. You have definitely not missed it yet, keep pouncing on hubby, the smep plan says to dtd everyday from positive opk until3 days after then miss a day and dtd again for luck lol..... I'm ok thankyou Broody, I'm cd7 and just about to do opk in half an hour, all negative so far, fingers crossed it stays negative until Friday lol xx

7. Clover

Clover Well-Known Member

Yeah this is true and i tend to forget this, so try to DTD daily for 4-5 days after your positive hunny
    This is where I've been going wrong lol

xxxxxxx