Temping for the first time.. Help please

Slb24

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm going to start temping this month.

Can anyone offer any help or tips please?

What should I be looking for?
Is an ear thermometer okay to use?
Does anyone have a chart that I could look at please?
Does it have to be done at the exact time each day or will a few hours not make a difference? I will be taking it when I get up. But my daughter wakes me any time from 6-9.

Thanks. I know I sound a bit dumb but I want to be accurate. So I don't make a mistake and waste the month lol

Good luck to you all xx

I've just started so I'm no expert, but from what I've read...

You definitely need a BB Thermometer, one you put under your tongue which measures in 0.1 degree Celsius changes.

Temp every morning at exactly the same time (give half an hour each way) as it can make a big difference.

Your temp should be fairly steady after AF up to ovulation. The day after ovulation it will jump up (by 0.3 or more) and stay that way for the rest of your cycle until AF comes back around.

I've only started this month but my temp has stayed at 37.0 / 37.1 every morning apart from a random spike yesterday (but I was feeling a bit under the weather which can effect it). It was back to 37.1 this morning.

The actual temp isn't that important, just what's normal for you, and a noticeable jump for 3 consecutive days is a good indication you OV the day before the spike!

Last edited:
Oh and you need to have had 3 hours undisturbed sleep and make sure you temp straight away, before even sitting up, having a drink, checking your phone. Be as still as possible and stick the thermometer straight in your mouth. Easier said than done when my alarm is going off...

Thank you!

I guess I'm going to have to start getting up at a set time! Boo! Haha

I know it will take a few months to get into but I just don't want to waste this month. I've bought some ovulation tests as well. Just cheap Ebay ones. Xx

Thank you!

I guess I'm going to have to start getting up at a set time! Boo! Haha

I know it will take a few months to get into but I just don't want to waste this month. I've bought some ovulation tests as well. Just cheap Ebay ones. Xx

I think Ill be doing that. I didn't OPK atall this cycle - one extreme to the next :lol:

But I wanted to do BBT last time and ordered my thermo and ended up with a BFP!

I need to start that, I usually do then press snooze. But my plan is to put the thermo beside the alarm..

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back