TEMP OF 38.0 **UPDATED--MORE HELP NEEDED**

rhian85

Reaction score
hi all...

chris topher has a temp of 38.0/38.2 even after nurofen...he is very whingy/ looks a bit pale and looks very very tired even tho he has had alot of sleep this mornig. and he has just constantly cried on/off.

whats causing this? i cant find an obviouse cause (like ear rubbin) when should i get worried abouthis temp ? sorry to sound thick but its been a long night and i cant think for the life of me :cry:

anybody able to help ? :think: :cry:

i'd give the gp a call, just to be safe... I know they say anything above 39 degrees, take them to A&E

thanks for the help so far..just checked it ten mins ago and he was 37.7 is that oay ? what should he be ?

thanks once agian ladies :hug: :hug:

only just seen this hav u spoken 2 the doc? what did he/she say?
hope hes ok

i rang docs..they were fully booked and no one free 4 phone consultation - out docs is terrible u can ring at 8.30am to get in and they will b fully boked when they dont even open til 8.30am :shakehead: :shakehead:

she said (recptionist) to give him calpol as i have been if worried ring NHS direct.....urmmmm okay :wall: im so annoyed :twisted:

so what am i to do ? he is still varying from 37.5 - 38.2 :think: even with nurofen :|
[/code]

Could be completely un-related but Isaac's temp went up to 39.4 and we rang NHS Direct who were very helpful, I'd suggest doing that. With Isaac it was all because of teething :( I do hope he feels better real soon, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Nurofen, bonjela, bottles, sleep and lots of cuddles got him through fine :hug:

How is he doing Rhian?
I think anything above 37 is classed as a temperature but Tom has had temperatures of 38ish before now and NHS said not to worry unless it got above 39.
Does he have any other symptoms? Could be the teeth you know.
L xxx :hug:

well he started vomiting and temp was 38.8 he was hot but shivering at the same time..so i demeanded he was seen.

saw doc and he has inflamed throad/ears but not enough yet for antibiotics..so we have to give fluid/calpol...got him in from docs and gave him his first dose of calpol and he was sick ALL over the floor - i mean EVERYWHERE and temp was still 38.8 30 mins after calpol (doc told us on phone to re-give the calpol as he had been sick so much he wouldnt of got any - bloody hope so :think: )

he had a teped bath and is now in bed asleep but temp is still 38.0 :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

whats wrong wirh my poor baby ? :cry:

we have to take him to out of hours GP 2 nite if he carries on vomiting/temp doesnt go down. but if hes okay over night then back to GP in 2 days to see if he needs antibiotics :(

mypoor baby - so scared of febvile convulasions with his temp so high :cry: :cry:

So sorry Rhian. Keep a close eye on him tonight. Are the windows open and is it cool in there? Have you got him stripped in his cot?
Keep giving him as much water as poss and also alternate between Calpol and Nurofen as that gets the temp down.
Keep us posted. L xx

LucyBee said:
How is he doing Rhian?
I think anything above 37 is classed as a temperature but Tom has had temperatures of 38ish before now and NHS said not to worry unless it got above 39.
Does he have any other symptoms? Could be the teeth you know.
L xxx :hug:

hey hun...just replied to ur PM..(thanks) hes not to well TBH..stil very very hot 38.3 even after calpol...hes had a luke warm bath and has gone to bed.
hes vomiting,
off food,
sleepy,
very pale,
shivering,
wont drink.

doc did say his ears are red but not enough yet for antibitoics..so we have to go back in a day or so to see whats happening..he told us there are some horrible bugs going round in babies and he had admitted 2 to hospital today :shock:

we have to watch him over night if he is sick again or temp goes/stays over 38.5 we have to go up to the ward so they can lok at him.

what could be causing this....i asked doc about if it could be teeth and he said NO and u must not put a fever down to teethign as a fever is caused by infection..and teethign does not causes a temp - he well and truely gave me a lecture on that one :shock:

so whats wrong with my little boy ? :cry: :cry:

thanks for the message/pm tho hun...hope u ok ? glad ur meeting wa okay :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Have PMd you.
Here if you need me. Let me know how you get on tonight. Thinking of you. xxxx

LucyBee said:
Have PMd you.
Here if you need me. Let me know how you get on tonight. Thinking of you. xxxx

ahhh lucy...ur so lovely :hug: i got ur PM dont worry that kinda illness is always in my mind when hes ill....ill update this page in the morning when hes woken up etc..unless he gets worse over night :pray: he doesnt :pray:

no doubt ill talk to u b4 then tho lucy...as i said in text if ur up just text. thanks for that link as well - its in my favourite list for further reference.

anyway im off to bed now to get some :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: before he wakes up when calpol weares off.

take care hun.xxxxx

hi all sorry have not had chance to update today....but last night he had a very bad night he just could not sleep and was constanly whimpering..his temp was stuck at 38.9 and even with both nurofen and calpol and open windows we just couldnt get it any lower.

spoke to out of hours GP and he said not to worry to much as they have alot of parents "panicing" that thier child has a temp of 38.0+ and are rushing them to hospital....and theres no need..and staff are getting over run wih it all on ward.

so aslong as he had no more vomiting or temp over 39.0 then to keep him at home where he will be better rathe rthan around all germs in hospital just for temp monitoring - fair play.

TODAY..he still has a temp of 38.5 and is refusing food but takin fluid and seems okay in him self. so if his temp is still high tommorrow we have to take him back to or GP to have his ears re-checked as they were red the other evening but not red enough 4 antibiotics.

phewww...what a eventfull time...hes in bed now aslepp after having medise and nurofen but he is still hot - 38.4 so im more than positive he has some nasty infection some where.

Hiya, hows he doing now poor little chicken! Thomas got the norovirus as did we all it was awful, his temp went low though which was odd, was at 35. He was projectile sick though, off his food, very pale and was sweaty in bed, it is so horrible when they are poorly, so sending you both lots of hugs :hug:

hes still not well at all....temp still at 38.7 cant get it down...hes still shivering yet hot...still not eating was sick again this evening but his temp was 38.8 and he is always sick at that kind of temp.

hes clingy and so not himself..going back to doctors in the morning i cant leave him like this.

could he have a urine infectio or something similar because he is in bed now but keeps thrownign in his sleep/screwing his face up ?? im just woundering if that would xplain the conmstant high temp that i cant get down along with vomiting off food/shivering....?

I Was also up with him from 1am-6am lastnight he just couldnt settle and was so hot - i feel so down becuas ehes so unwell and i dont know why - doc wasnt much use 3 days ago when we saw him :cry: :cry:

Poor little thing. I feel so sorry for you both. :hug:
Wish I knew what it was. I'd hoped he would've been better by now :?
How about calling the NHS Direct tonight to see what they think?
I'd deffo take him back to the Dr. in the morning either way.
Let me know how you get on.
xxxxx :hug:

LucyBee said:
Poor little thing. I feel so sorry for you both. :hug:
Wish I knew what it was. I'd hoped he would've been better by now :?
How about calling the NHS Direct tonight to see what they think?
I'd deffo take him back to the Dr. in the morning either way.
Let me know how you get on.
xxxxx :hug:

cheers hun ..... :hug: will text u when i see doc 2mrw.... :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27