Temp charting

Melanie3103

Reaction score
Hi,

I have bought a thermometer to start temping, how/when do i start ?

I know u take temp the same time each day (minimal moving, no eating/drinking etc). Anything else i need to know before I start ??

Thanks

Mel

Ideally you need to start your chart at cd 1 to chart the whole cycle. But if you're impatient like me I'd start it as soon as I can lol. x

I've just received my thermometer and looking forward to start doing this. I've told myself I'm not going to go crazy with it, and just to see if it can tell me when I ovulate and if it's different to Ovua chart I use at the moment. I'm 10 days after a MMC. I was 8,4 but I stopped feeling pregnant at 6weeks. Really positive as I feel like actually having sex again already, which surprises me! But going to just relax and enjoy the process! Hope I don't turn crazy in two week wait.

I will look at the link above thanks, but so far just know to set an alarm for sane time each day, minimal movement and use an app to record the info

Hey Mel... I was an expert at this! haha ;) I was a bit obsessive, haven't done it since before Max, but may start again soon as my cycles are up the creek again. If you want to go into detail about temping the book 'taking charge of your fertility' is a great read, tells you everything you need to know about temping, how to interpret charts etc.

I used to use fertility friend app to record the temps, but it's not too difficult to interpret them yourself really. I don't know how much you know already but in its most basic form you're just looking for a raise in temp which stays elevated so you've essentially got two sets of temps, a lower set and then a higher set which is your luteal phase. Ovulation is usually the day before the raised temp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back