Temp Charting

CTD

Reaction score
Hi!

I've decided to start temperature charting so I have just ordered my basal thermometer :)

I know you have to take it at the same time each morning, preferably when still half asleep, but just wanted to check how people do this.

I can set my alarm at the same time each day, will this be ok or will that make me too awake by the time I am ready to take the temp!?

Any other advice/tips re charting for me!?

Yes that's right hun. Just set your alarm, pop thermometer in, wait for the beep, then go back to sleep if you want. You can then switch the thermometer back on when you wake and read what your temp was (they usually all have a memory function letting you read the last recorded temp). I would recommend using Fertility Friend to chart your temps.

I tend to do mine with my alarm snooze - so i hear alarm, roll over hit snooze and grab thermometer. Its good timing for me because invariably once im awake i need to pee - and once u walk about its no good as its not yr 'base temp' then.

Good luck - i keep thermometer and iphone with charting app to record it - on nightstand.

X

I have a number of different apps I use as well lol, I like ovuview to record my temp when I am half asleep as a bit less fiddly then later on I update Fertility friend.

The best thing about charting I think is being able to pinpoint your ovulation date after its happened. It doesn't really tell you when you are most fertile in advance.

I found temping a nightmare, got my knickers totally in a twist over it. Was convinced some months off temps that i'd done it, and the months i did have bfps, it didn't ever give me a heads up. My temps never dropped until after af though, i think if they drop before it can help to give you warning. The other thing to watch is booze. If i had a glass of wine (usually on a fri/sat), it made my temps higher then next morning so i ended up with a chart which told me when the weekend was :lol: rather than when i was oving.

Haha!

Yeah I've always said I won't do it cos another thing to stress about but the thermometer was only £4 so thought I'd give it a go just out of interest! Even if just for a while

once I started charting I can't think of going a cycle without doing it! I didn't temp for the cycle after my miscarriage and it did my head in, wondering what my temps would be and wishing i had done it to confirm O etc........

I have my alarm set for 6.20am anyway for work, but I inevitably wake before then between 5 and 5.30! so do the temp then.......i also get up to pee most nights at about 2.30! lol. I just make the best of it, and it seems ok most of the time and FF always detects my ovulation for when I thought I did.

good luck with charting, hope you get on with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back