telling the boss on Wednesday

I'm expecting 10 days going by my early scan at 7 weeks- they told
Me its too early though and to follow official dates :/

I have a really good relationship with my boss but I'm so scared of telling him this time. Firstly because this is my first week back full time after 10 months of maternity. So I get back and I'm pregnant again. Secondly because on returning he gave me promotion so I now pretty much run the whole team. I'm waiting to tell him for two reasons, we get pay rises in September and I want more money and I'm so bloody scared of pissing him off. I really respect him and know he needs my help at work and just feel bad for letting him down.

I wasn't going to tell my boss for a few more weeks but after chatting with OH I may have to do it when I go back next week, as I've just started an NVQ which is going to take about a year or just under but if I'm due in April, I have less time to do it. I'm still a bit unsure about telling her so early though, as she can be a little over protective and I just want to carry on as normal right now. I think I may see how I go during the week and decide then!

I just blurted it out to my boss. I am quite lucky that my office is quite informal so just went and grabbed him for a quick word in the kitchen. I told him when I was about 6 weeks, wanted him to be aware as I had booked my midwife app's and just in case I got really bad morning sickness.

I am the same as you - I work at a computer all day (calling it work might be a bit of a stretch... I am on here more often these days!). I haven't had any risk assessment or anything done - but I go for a wee wander round the building quite a lot for chats!! Not even looked into the maternity entitlement stuff yet either!

Glad it went well Sophie xx

He looked rather confused and very understanding. Rest of the office are finding out via facebook tomorrow x

Did you ask about the maternity policy? :lol:

xxxx

Nope as we were both in a rush, will find out on Friday. Xx

My work haven't really done anything. I work in a store so I'm either standing at the till for 7 and a half hours serving or I'm lifting and stuff. I've been putting myself on the till so I don't have to do the lifting, lifting crates of beer and juice isn't really ideal. They haven't done a risk assessment or anything. :s

Last edited:
I still haven't told work I was 9 weeks when I started, I was planning on telling them next month after my probation I might have to tell them earlier as I will be practically 5 months then and will probably be showing by then.

Why was he shocked? I work in a school and it took me weeks to build up the courage to tell my head! They don't do risk assessments so nothing changed for me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back