telling the boss on Wednesday

Sophie_P

Reaction score
Any tips ladies for telling the boss? Did you just blurt it out? I'm quite nervous, xx

I've got a while to go before I have tell mine but I just wanted to say good luck x

I called my boss and said "I've just had verification of pregnancy and need to meet up to put risk assessments in place." I also asked for a copy of the maternity policy

Last edited:
I just blurted it out. I have a very open relationship with my boss and as she knew I had been worrying about TTC due to problems my sister had, she was over the moon for me, grabbed me and gave me a massive hug. I then had to tell the boss above her and he was really lovely and supportive and asked to see the scan pic. I'm on my six weeks holiday now so I don't need anything from them. I worried about getting around college with all the students there, we'll have to see come September. I might have to ask if I can end my lessons early so that I can get through the corridoors when it's quiet.
Hope it goes OK and they are supportive. Like Jojo84 said, ask for the maternity policy! Good luck x

Last edited:
I just asked for a minute and said I just wanted to let them know I was pregnant. I told them it was early days but I'm glad I did because a week later I had the scare. They've since done an expectant mother risk assessment and its noticeable to me that they're monitoring my well being but others haven't noticed xx

Think my boss will be okay, but still not quite sure. I work at a computer all day so i'm hoping arrangements will be put in place as i'm sat in an office all day. It does play havoc with your back.
Thing is, I work in an office of five, NOBODY ever asks for a word out the office.

Think my boss will be okay, but still not quite sure. I work at a computer all day so i'm hoping arrangements will be put in place as i'm sat in an office all day. It does play havoc with your back.
Thing is, I work in an office of five, NOBODY ever asks for a word out the office.

Could you follow them to the toilet? A bit weird I know, but it could work? Or leave work at the same time as them so that you are alone? x

There is no way around it, i'm telling my boss on the Wednesday and asking him to keep quiet until the next day, telling my mum on the Thursday, the reason i'm telling my boss before is incase my family put anything on Facebook(my boss and colleagues are all on my friends list)

I came back after dating scan, asked my manager and HR manager for a meeting (they were both free) and I told them!

Then told my team and the team I share an office with and showed them all the piccies!!

xxxxxx

They should make allowances for bad backs anyway Sophie - irrelevant of pregnancy. I have a slight kink in my spine that flares up pain every now and then so I have a special chair and like the test of us, I'm encouraged to take comfort breaks from my desk xx

We have a different chair at each desk, very informal. X

Hiya,

I was nervous also I waited a few days after I found out for it to sink in.

Then asked my manager for a meeting, she is quiet stern and blank so I didn’t know how she would take it.

I sat down with her and explained I just found out I am pregnant and wanted to keep it between us until I passed the 12 weeks stage.

She was fine just said congrats and when am I due.

I am company secretary and there’s a lot of filing in my job; so I no longer use step ladder to file files on the top shelve the filing cupboards but am yet to have a risk assessment though.

I’m sure all will be well once you tell your manager.

Last edited:
I'm dreading telling my boss

A week before I got poached to this department to manage a huge separation programme I found out I was preg- I still moved over-

He's guna be pissed I'm leaving half way through what he employed me to do! Even funnier thing is I told him I wanted an extra 2k a year to do- and he signed it off as he knew I'd be worth it

He may take that statement back :lol:

They can't be "mad" t you for being pregnant. Legally they have to treat you fairly. My boss is an ass but I'm moving in a week. I've already had like 5 risk assessments lol

I panicked and nearly cried! I had only started the job on Monday, had my dating scan on the Tuesday and told them on te Wednesday. I just said I needed to talk to her, and then said I'd just found out I was pregnant - I was 14weeks at the time! Just remember there isn't anything they can do, because if they do its discrimination! :) you'll be fine, deep breaths an remember you've done nothing wrong this is a happy time :D and congratulations :) xx

Good luck soph, I'm sure your boss will be fine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back