Telling people

Kim

Reaction score
Hi

I haven't been to the doctors yet but have 4 positive HPT's. By my own calcs I am about 4/5 weeks. Is it too early to tell people? I had to tell a few the day after I found out, I thought I would burst if I didn't! Now I hear this is too early. What does everyone else think?

Kim xx

I always told most close friends and family in those first few weeks, the only people I didn't tell were work, Mum's up the school, etc.

You need people to share your excitement with (well I did) and also the support too.

Much love

Hi!

I told my Mum, Dad & Nan and my best friend, plus my new manager as I am changing jobs. As this is my first baby and my husbands third, I could burst and ssssooooooooo want to tell people but we decided to wait until after the first scan (5 days away now!) as this way we can make sure it is in there doing ok! It has been hard keeping it a secret at work, just becasue of the bump! I have had to wear baggy clothes, and hoping know one guesses ( I leave there next week anyway).

They say you shouldn't tell people before you are 12 weeks because of the higher risk of miscarrying, but I think it is personal choice at the end of the day. Unless you are a big big believer in old wives tales etc then I shouldn't worry to much!

Sarah x

I think that the risk of miscarrying in the first 12 weeks is a good reason to tell people.......that way you are not alone if anything did happen, everyone could support you.

Good luck girls..........have fun telling everyone, you'll love it!!!

i told everyone when i just found out! i was 5 weeks and couldnt wait to tell the world. My sister said a horrible thing saying'you will loose the baby if you tell people, you will jinx it' she so dopey!
I would still tell everyone even if i was a high risk, i couldnt block it up, id still want people know whats happned specialy my close family!!!

tell whoever you wanna tell!!!! and dont listen to those silly stories people ty to put on you, they have no feelings!!!!

Hi I'm nearly 10 wks and still I've hardly told anyone but my hubby is so excited he's told half the world lol, I'm waiting til the12week period but thats my choice I want to get used to idea and the way my body is changing before ppl start with the questioning,and I'm kind of enjoying keeping this big secret from ppl and i think it's making the time go faster. Boy ppl will say about time too when they find out lol. Good luck and hope everyone is pleased for you xxx

Thanks for the reponses.

I felt that if I said it out loud it would feel more real for me, and also put my mind at rest from worrying about how my dad would react etc, because at the end of the day I am 23 but still my dads little girl. However, he couldnt have been more pleased and he is getting so excited!!

A couple of people have asked if this means we are getting married, but I couldnt cope with the stress of a wedding at the time being no way!! Anyhow, these days it's no biggy if you have a child out of wedlock is it?

Speak soon

Kim xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back