Telling people

Dovekie

Reaction score
Hi.... How and when are you all letting everyone know your big news? Are you announcing on Facebook at all?

Where only telling our kids on Christmas Day, I will be 21 weeks. So after that I'm not bothered who's knows xx

I'm 15 weeks today. So far noone knows. We decided to tell my parents first, they are not local and my husband wants to tell them in person so once we get a trip there sorted we will tell them. Once we have told them we will debate when to tell others. My FIL is a huge gossip, so once he knows everyone will. My husband doesn't do facebook and I won't be announcing on there either. It just isn't my thing. I also need to have a bit of a facebook cull as I've gained a few randoms for various reasons over the years.

Different things work for different people, go with what is right for you :)

We told family and close friends after the 12 week scan. I had another scan as a precaution at 14 weeks, and once we knew all was okay, we went fb official (Thursday). It's our first, so we got really excited.

Last edited:
A lot of people close to us guessed very early on as i was very sick and it seemed best to ket them know why as opposed to wonder why i was sonill. But we told everyone else after our 12 week scan at 13+2 :)

I told everyone on facebook the day of our scan after we knew everything was ok. All our family and close friends we had already told before then, with it being my second we was more relaxed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I told close family at 9 weeks and told close friends after the 12 week scan but still haven't told anyone else at almost 27 weeks. Whenever I meet up or bump into someone I usually tell them then.

I put something on Facebook as there are friends I wouldn't have been seeing any time soon who I wanted to know and I generally only have people I actually like on there anyway.. It's a personal thing though, I understand why some people don't like it - it can seem a little tacky I guess but for me it was just an easy way to spread the happy news! I (stupidly?) told my daughter as soon as I found out (5 weeks), kudos to those who wait, I just couldn't keep it in and wanted her to understand why I was snappy/tired/not wanting to pick her up all the time (she's 4.5) I'm very lucky nothing happened as I'm not sure how I would have handled that.. Basically do what feels right for you, I was very excited to announce this pregnancy so did end up telling most before 12 weeks xx

I completely get why some people don't do fb, but as we are an international couple, it really was the easiest options. We have friends and family all over the place, so it was the least time consuming way to spread the word quickly. I then announced it on the social page for my crossfit box. Again, it was simply the easiest option. As I was MIA for 5 weeks because of nausea and severe and painful bloating, I was constantly asked where I'd been. I got tired of repeating myself. It also means fewer strange looks when I'm modifying things and not going all out like people are used to seeing me do.

We have told a few close relatives and friends already, and will expand this once I've had my scan at 13 weeks (next Monday). I don't think we'll be posting on FB until about 20 weeks, once we know everything is ok and the sex of the baby.

My dad asked me gesterday if he could facebook the news lol i dont have facebook but i seeing as i have family all over the country and as far a field as australia i guess it is easier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back