Telling people ....

Allthingsgirly

Reaction score
This seems to be one of my biggest worries at the moment letting people know, by people I mean like family. The only reason why I am stressing about letting my parents know is because I don't want them to be disappointed in me or feel shame when I tell them that I am going to be a single mother I don't wan to put any more shame on them they mean the world to me but I am anxious about their reaction. In fact I am quite anxious about other family reactions but I know I can't really help other peoples reactions & that what they think shouldn't matter....

Has anyone else been threw this knowing their going to be a single parent & trying to find the way to tell their parents. I know I should just tell them & their reaction either way shouldn't effect me as I am old enough to make my own life choices but I do worry as I will need my family support more than ever. I just don't know how to bring it up with them & keeping it quiet is so hard especially as my mom used to be a midwife & their is so much advise I'd like her help on like for eg what foods I can that are safe.

I know I can't keep it from them much longer, I'm trying to wait until I'm 3 months, which I could quite possibly be at I don't as yet know how far along I am even though a clearblue said 3+ which means I'm 5+ weeks but could be further along than that. I just want to make sure that I am out of the danger zone before having to tell them.

I'm also worrying that I could be worrying for nothing that they will be delighted for me & that I should be letting the,m know so that I've got their support & letting them go threw all this with me, it's so much to be going threw myself that I just don't know what the right decision is.

Sorry for the long post which possibly didn't make any sense I'm shattered

I told my mum as soon as I found out at 6 weeks. She wasnt overlly happy and things were strained between us for a good few weeks. I showed her my 12 week scan and she came around. Maybe because I was under the epu she thought the worst was going to happen.
Other family members just had to accept it tbh they never showed me what they thought just asked lots of questions like how will you cope etc. You find your own way of coping x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back