Telling people, have you? Havnt you? How pregnant?

baby2012lp

Reaction score
Im so early into my pregnancy 4 weeks 6 days, I have Never been pregnant before (age 34), I have no idea what is to come on this journey, didn't expect to conceive so easily and the reality is setting in... My sister is 10 years older than me with children of her own and I know that she will be the most excited and supportive, one of my friends is half way through a pregnancy now and is on that journey already, my mum and dad will obviously want to know, trouble is I want to wait until risk of miscarriage passes, basically until I have had my first scan. Did you wait? Did you tell early? Any regrets?

Last time I told lots of people, and mc'd. It was awful having to tell people and for some reason I felt embarrassed???
This time I have only told my oh (although I waited a couple of days) and my mum. Not telling anyone else til 12 weeks xx

I told my sister as soon as I found out with my 1st but she would support me whatever happened, everyone else at 12 weeks x congratulations

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

I told ever1 more or less straight away i guess no right or wrong time 2 tell

I have told the people I would tell if something bad happened, so few close friends, parents, these are the people I would need to support me xx

I am waiting until after 12 weeks as I have told people early the last 2 times and felt awful when it went wrong. Also my fil is starting cancer treatment tomorrow and don't want to add any extra worry to him x

Ive told my sister and my one of my friends but thats it until maybe at least ive had an early scan or even 12 weeks! xxx

Same as a few of the other girls, last pregnancy when I mc I told friends and more family and every1 at work found out from the manager and I was gutted having to tell everyone what happened! So this time only my mum knows until 12 w when we will tell everyone else xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I told my family, DH's parents and a few close friends straight away.
Told everyone else at 8wks because my DH and my dad couldn't keep their mouths shut so most people knew anyway. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

We've told both our parents/siblings and I've told the close friends who knew I was on clomid and asked how things were going. They are all people I'd want to talk to should anything go wrong anyway..:)

Xx

i told close family after my early scan at 8 weeks, have just told work at 12 weeks; wanted to wait as have CVS on Monday and wanted results - but have a small bump now so it would be hard to leave it any longer. x

Congratulations to you!!! I am 5 weeks and have only told my parents and my best friend - like the other girls say they are the people who I'd need to talk to if the worst should happen. I live in a really small village where news travels like wildfire so I need to keep it hush until Friday when I have a scan and know that everything is in the right place. After then I might start to tell a few more if they haven't already guessed!

Thank you for sharing everybody I am going to try my hardest to wait until the 12th week, which seems ages away but I'm sure it will soon come and pass, got a whole heap of other things to deal with in the meantime, you know the usual pregnancy stuff.....

It's so hard to wait isn't it!!! I want to tell the world, right now!!! I cant wait until my 12 weeks scan, it seems like an eternity away xx

told a handful of people at 6 weeks when i found out purely because i needed them around and then everyone else at 14 weeks x

As long as I have this forum and my husband I feel good and confident I can wait to tell people.

we told my parents, my younger sister and my husbands father at 5 weeks as it was soooo hard to keep it quiet!

We are telling everyone else after 12 weeks. This is our 1st baby after 3 years of trying :)

Sadly my husbands mother died when he was 19 and he was close to his parents so its sad in a way shes not here to share our special times :(

Only my oh knows. Last time that needed in a mc was so awful to have to tell to the people father that. Back then I believed that mc is sth that happens to other people not to me....
This time around not telling anyone until I have a huge bump and they can guess I suppose...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back