Telling people early

rainbow.nicola

Reaction score
So, I wasn't going to tell people but then I couldn't stop myself. My work know because some of my job is quite tough, heavy carrying and things and in case I got morning sickness (not had yet, touch wood that continues). I told my close family and friends who are supportive.

One of the family members is, however, so excited that it's scaring me. She keeps messaging me asking when I'm telling people because she wants to tell people.. which I explained after my scan and if everything is okay then after that but last night she messaged me asking about cots for her house, my mums house. Asking about moses baskets and travel cots etc. She even told me she's started buying huggies so now I'm petrified. I don't even really consider myself to be expecting as it is so early anything can happen. I decided today that I had to message her and tell her how I felt about it otherwise I'll just build up some sort of resentment.

I definitely regret telling certain people now though. Stupid big mouth. :x

I was the same hun! Told a few clise mates at work and it spread like wild fire!! Before even family members were told. I was so worried they would write in my facebook or suming so i ended up announcing it to alot of the family by 8 weeks and all of work.
I then disabled my FB until my 12wk scan ehich i ende up having at 11+3 so then i stuck it on FB!

I also have a big mouth haha!

But im not 35wks an everything is perfect! :) i just want him out now lol.

Think everyone is sick of me moaning about my achey hips lmao xxx

Everyone else has been fine and I'm not aware that anyone else knows so that's pretty good for me, I can't keep anything in. She better not jinx me though! I just can't believe she's already bought nappies. ...Meeeental.

Dw hun. For all she nos ur baby might not get on with huggies nappies and shes wasted her money!

My mum bought clothes for Noah from like 10wks!! And boys clothes aswell, he had no clue he wa guna be a boy lol!

And we got our cot bed in jan sales in mothercare when i was 13/14wks.

Honestly dw, ur not jinxed.

What will be will be and im sure u hve a happy healthy baba in there xx

Aw thanks, that made me laugh. I told her in the message after the scan we can go mental and party (Without alcohol obviously). I just don't want her to keep going on about stuff when I don't really want to be talking about it or thinking about telling people. I'm not even that close to her, I'm closest to my mum and we don't really talk about that stuff yet. I had a MC before but I found that out right after I found out I was pregnant so because this time I've known early on and I've been for appointments and stuff it feels different, it feels like it's right. I don't know if that sounds crazy or not! lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back