Telling my boss!!

Taurusgirl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm telling my boss today I've held off till 15weeks as I was waiting for my scan to check everything was ok. I'm seriously nervous about telling my boss I have only been in my job since May so I'm hoping she's not going to go crazy! I was only on a temp contract covering a maternity leave job but they have made me perminant which is amazing. I just feel like they might go mad as I didn't tell them I was pregnant before they made me perminant.

I was worried about mc as well due to a previous so didn't want I say anything just in case!

Sorry a bit of a pointless thread but if anyone has any tips on how you told your boss that would be great!!

X

I'd just be completely honest about your experiences in the past as to why you never said anything.... But I have a really good relationship with my manager. :)

You have no legal obligation to say anything until 25 weeks so she should be happy you are telling them
this early lol xx

I agree, just tell them about past experience etc and im sure they will understand xxx

Taurusgirl - I hope it all went well.

You have no legal obligation to say anything until 25 weeks so she should be happy you are telling them
this early lol xx

It does depend on the job - in my job I have to let work know that I'm pregnant as soon as I know, which in my opinion is way too early! Got told off for not telling them until I was 8 weeks :roll:

That's ridiculous-i'm keeping quiet from my own mum until twelve weeks and work the same,no way will I be feeling guilty ;-)

I ended up telling family and close friends when I was 6-7 weeks, as I didn't want some random person at work to find out before people I care about did.

Sorry for the delay my boss cancelled the meeting on Friday but just met with her and she was lovely!! I was so nervous though after only just being made perminant.

I'm not telling my family until I'm 19weeks as we are waiting to tell my partners kids in 2weeks time. We want them to be the first to know and don't want them hearing from anyone else.

Hope eveyone is well!!

That's good then - usually when you're really nervous about something it usually turns out better than expected! That's lovely that you want to tell the children first - hopefully it will make them feel special if they are the first to know! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back