Teething Ring / Sucking!

Chezza

Reaction score
Morning Ladies,

Hope everyone is well today on this beautiful sunny morning!

JJ is 10 weeks old and is now a big fan of blowing spit bubbles and chewing his fists! He also is trying to master grabbing on to things and bringing them towards his mouth...

At what age can I allow him to have a teething ring / similar so he can suck on something that was made to be sucked on? Or can I allow him to have anything (he has an array of Lamaze toys!) - as long as its clean and sterile....??

Thank you! xx

My son puts everything he picks up in his mouth! He's almost four months. I generally allow anything as long as it's clean and not something he could choke on.

As long as it's clean, not too small and has no broken bits I give Harry whatever he likes! His fave thing to do it chew on my fingers/fists! x

Meant to say do you have a Sophie? My lad loves giving his sophie a good gumming! Pervert!

Thanks ladies! I do have a Sophie Giraffe...one of my friends told me that babies shouldnt be given these until 6 months, but it says nothing about that on the box...I dont see what difference it would make giving it to him a bit earlier..? xx

Thanks ladies! I do have a Sophie Giraffe...one of my friends told me that babies shouldnt be given these until 6 months, but it says nothing about that on the box...I dont see what difference it would make giving it to him a bit earlier..? xx

I'm sure the box said from birth? It's all non-toxic paint and rubber she's made from, so she should be safe.

I got Cay every teethy thing under the sun, plain and simple to complex rings and shapes.

http://www.babycity.co.uk/mam-bite-...froogle_feed&gclid=CNum7JjAoLgCFfDMtAodnTQAfw
This is by far his favourite. (I got it in Tesco).
It's the same size as a dummy, but the "frame" (white bit) is hollow, only a coupla millimetres thick, so he could easily wrap his fingers round it and get used to pulling it in and out if his mouth himself.

I'd definitely recommend.

On days when his gums are bad, I chuck it in the freezer for a bit so it's really cold. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back