Teething.....HELP

Lulu90

Reaction score
Luca's been teething since he was 10 weeks old, 6 months now and still no teeth but my god are his gums causing us both some grief.

All day he's absolutely fine, but come 7pm his cheeks light up and get worse as the night goes on. He's up like clockwork every 2 hours hysterically screaming and crying. He doesn't want a cuddle/water (not a milk cry). I've tried anbesol, bonjela, teething rings, teething granules/powder, cold melon to chew on, calpol... Nothing is working. Do you ladies have any secrets that I haven't yet tried, or am I going to just have to ride it out? I miss sleep :( xx

Hey Lu

Jackson teethed super early before we could use any gels, detinox and fenopaed is what we used. An anti inflammatory is best for that and can be given alongside calpol but a few hours later. We also used frozen cucumber or grapes.

When he was old enough we used Nelsons Teetha from boots or Holland and Barretts which was always sold out due to high demand. Its quite a good gel. We used detinox and teetha alternately and also there is good reviews about the Amber Beads for teething.

Hope he settles soon.

xxxx

Really appreciate your reply Hun xx

I've been giving Felix nurofen every 6 hours these past few days as 2 have just poked through and he's really poorly with them. That has worked really well and it's the only thing that has! Also distractions like having a bath, going for a walk, reading a book. I know that doesn't help at night time but just ideas for the day xo

I was going to suggest baby nurofen, I've heard this is better than Calpol for teething xx

I've heard of some Amber teething jewellery which a lot of people swear by. Can be worn around wrists or ankles if you don't want it round the neck?? I've not used it personally but seen good reviews x

Have you tried Ashton and Parsons? It's amazing!! Have used it since Jake was old enough to have it and it's still working for him 2 yrs later. I combine it with liquid anbesol. Baby nurofen is good for teething too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back