Teething.....HELP

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Lulu90, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Lulu90

Lulu90 Well-Known Member

Luca's been teething since he was 10 weeks old, 6 months now and still no teeth but my god are his gums causing us both some grief.

All day he's absolutely fine, but come 7pm his cheeks light up and get worse as the night goes on. He's up like clockwork every 2 hours hysterically screaming and crying. He doesn't want a cuddle/water (not a milk cry). I've tried anbesol, bonjela, teething rings, teething granules/powder, cold melon to chew on, calpol... Nothing is working. Do you ladies have any secrets that I haven't yet tried, or am I going to just have to ride it out? I miss sleep :( xx

2. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

Hey Lu

Jackson teethed super early before we could use any gels, detinox and fenopaed is what we used. An anti inflammatory is best for that and can be given alongside calpol but a few hours later. We also used frozen cucumber or grapes.

When he was old enough we used Nelsons Teetha from boots or Holland and Barretts which was always sold out due to high demand. Its quite a good gel. We used detinox and teetha alternately and also there is good reviews about the Amber Beads for teething.

Hope he settles soon.

xxxx

3. Lulu90

Lulu90 Well-Known Member

Really appreciate your reply Hun xx

4. northerngirl

northerngirl Well-Known Member

I've been giving Felix nurofen every 6 hours these past few days as 2 have just poked through and he's really poorly with them. That has worked really well and it's the only thing that has! Also distractions like having a bath, going for a walk, reading a book. I know that doesn't help at night time but just ideas for the day xo

5. Browneyed Girl

Browneyed Girl Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest baby nurofen, I've heard this is better than Calpol for teething xx

6. Lulu90

Lulu90 Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies xx

7. ml600

ml600 Well-Known Member

I've heard of some Amber teething jewellery which a lot of people swear by. Can be worn around wrists or ankles if you don't want it round the neck?? I've not used it personally but seen good reviews x

8. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

I'd try an amber necklace too :)

9. Bellarina

Bellarina Well-Known Member

Have you tried Ashton and Parsons? It's amazing!! Have used it since Jake was old enough to have it and it's still working for him 2 yrs later. I combine it with liquid anbesol. Baby nurofen is good for teething too xx