Teething at 2months old?

Jellybeanjen

Reaction score
Anna has been showing signs of what I think are teething signs but not sure. She has been drooling and chewing her hands which she hasn't ever done before and really wanting to chew on anything you put near or in her mouth like chomping on her dummy where as before she was just sucking. She is rather fussy too and sort of 'grunting' with her mouth open looking for something to chew I assume. That is when she starts chewing her hands. Is it too early for teething and do these seem like signs? xxx

Could easy be hun. They can teeth ay any time! My LO has been slivering heaps and constantly chewing her hands since about 1 month old but theres no sign of teeth! Shes 6 months now. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Babies will put anything in there mouths, and will chew as the first signs of learning to eat.
All babies do this.
They drool because their saliva glands kick in, also as a lead-up to eating, and they don't know what to do with it, so it just, dribbles...

She could be teething, it's not unheard of.
Look out for crazy-bright red cheeks.

The problem with teething isn't the teeth cutting the gum, it's because for (time) before the teeth break through, they move up and down in the gum and jawbone, causing the skull bones to shift. As the skull is not yet joined, it basically means the two halves of their head are no ring independently (although minutely, too small to see), and causing headaches.

Poor bubba's :(
Rub a finger along her gum. A tooth will be a sharp little point xx

It's never tok early for teething, some babies are born with teeth!

Saying that, it was about that age my son discovered his hands and started chomping on them. Does she sit and watch her hands at all? He's now at the age where everything he picks up goes straight in the mouth. Try giving her something like a teething ring or a sophie giraffe (my son loves his sophie!) and see what she does with it.

My little girl has just started doing this too. I doubt she's teething though at such an early she. I just think it's a baby developing, trying everything out for when the time comes.

My lo had his first tooth cut through at 6 weeks and 2nd at 12 weeks so its not completely unlikely, he does all of the things you said. He didn't have red cheeks.

Jackson teethed from 7 weeks and we could only use detinox & calgel because bonjela was from 3m. Calgel & detinox are herbal can be used from 8 weeks and can put it on every 20m.

Because J was so young we just had to give him teethers until he was allowed. He's always chewed his links more than any other teething toy. I don't know if using the teethers helped his teeth now ?

We got two teethies at 5m :)

xxxxx

The day of Bs jabs (8 weeks) the nurse spotted a tooth when he was crying! I couldn't believe it but I actually disappeared a few days later as teeth move around. So although they may not cut a tooth for a while they can still teeth x

Thank you guys. I gave her some dentinox yesterday and she loved it and fell asleep haha. I'm still not sure what she is doing, she just seems more harder to relax. But she is still a relaxed baby just not as relaxed as before and just loves sucking her whole hands!

It's never tok early for teething, some babies are born with teeth!

Saying that, it was about that age my son discovered his hands and started chomping on them. Does she sit and watch her hands at all? He's now at the age where everything he picks up goes straight in the mouth. Try giving her something like a teething ring or a sophie giraffe (my son loves his sophie!) and see what she does with it.

She hasn't really seen her hands. She has just started learning to grab but she likes her hands in fists all the time lol. Been trying to encourage her to grab things OTHER than my hair haha. Although I did she her have a fistful of my hair and went to put it in her mouth. That is first and only time I have seen that so far. She did like chewing on her rattle handle that has bumpy bits on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back