Teething already?!

Discussion in 'Kids Health' started by newmum, Jan 9, 2008.

1. newmum

newmum Well-Known Member

#1 newmum, Jan 9, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  2. valentine

valentine Well-Known Member

My LO started furiously sucking her hands at 4 weeks and has only started properly teething in the last 2 weeks at 5 months old and now I've seen that, I think that the teething symptoms are completely different.

My DD has always loved her hands, and in your case, I would say to let her get her hands in her mouth when she wants as she's exploring and learning and those motor skills are so important.

If Ava has dioreeha (sp?), rosy pink cheeks, is drooling and very gurney, then I would say it was more likely to be teething. Also the sucking DD does of her hands now is more chompy like, whereas before she just sucked them.

I hope that makes sense!

Valentine Xxx

3. Red_Fairy

Red_Fairy Well-Known Member

to me it sounds like it. :)
    Hannah started doing exactly that around the same time (if not earlier i think) she had 2 bottom teeth in no time. It drove us mad at first cos the toys etc arnt really suitable for a very young babie to chew on. Bonjella and nurofen was in constant need.

now she has 9. (and most babies her age are on about 2!)

4. Gemma & Jake

Gemma & Jake Well-Known Member

Jake was teething on and off from a couple of months old but he didn't actually get any teeth until he was about 7 1/2 months old.