Teeth?

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
Aaron seems to have been teething for about 6 months with no sign of actual teeth yet.

I'm actually fed up of being asked "oh is he teething?"

Tonight he had a meltdown, apparently it started when I was out running and he carried on for at least an hour crying so hard he was stopping breathing and being sick.

He was still crying when I got in from my run, so I did something I've never had to do before and cuddled him to sleep. He fell asleep but woke about 10 mins later crying again.

I ended up giving him calpol (I've never given him it before) because I didn't know what else to do, and he's slept fine since? Do you think it's his teeth? Or could be?

Tapatalking!

Sorry, I can't help as my lo never really cries. And when she does all I can do is cuddle her and walk around. I think when she is like it, it is because of teething- she has 2 now. I've never tried calpol. Does he have any other teething symptoms?? Hope he is ok Xx

Aaron never cries either, ever!

He seems to always be teething, constantly dribbling, hands in mouth, rosy cheeks. I've given up thinking he's teething till now :lol:

Babies with DS can get their teeth late and in a random order.

I just don't want there to be something seriously wrong with him and I'm saying its teething :wall:

Being a mummy is flipping hard!

Tapatalking!

Awe tweety. Id be inclined to say teeth but its so hard to know hu? Dg let out a yelp earlier and cried randomly for a while and was biting on anything she could get hold of. I gave paracetomol to her and shes been fine since. hopefully a wee peggy will sprout up and it will put your mind at rest. Aarons going to totally rock the bottom teethy pegs! Xx

tapatalking

It sounds like teeth tbh. Also remember that teeth can move around under the gums causing pain long before they burst through.

G suffered really really badly with hers at 3/4 months, but none arrived till 8/9.

Have you thought about some amber for him?? G wears a necklace, and apart from a runny bum, and the fact that she asks for gel/powder sometimes you'd never know she's cutting 4molars!

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Hi hun

Before J got his first tooth sometimes he would go through spells of crying, usually at night before bed his gums would play up.

I sometimes would have to give him calpol before his last bottle if he was super grumpy.

I would say its his gums bothering him, sounds like what J would do and tbh he hasn't done it since his first tooth came through.

Hopefully we get a wee toothy peg from aaron v soon! How are his gums are they solid and white? Any little grey spots is where the tooth is about to come through so have a peep for that too!

xxxxx

He's just woke up and I've had a feel but can't feel anything.

Ill have a wee look at them later of he lets me :lol:

Tapatalking!

I have a spsre amber anklet. Let me attempt to dig it out for you. Xx

tapatalking

Are you stocked up with teething gel and granules hun?

If he is the same today maybe try those and if it is his teethy pegs then that should alleviate / help things for a little while?

Any other symptoms?

I can only imagine how hard it is not to be too paranoid but as I always say if in any doubt at all trust your instincts and ring your Dr !!!

James has shown no signs of teething at all so I still have all this to look forward to :lol:

xxxxxx

My friends baby is one in July and she still hasnt got a tooth but she has been teething for aggggges lol. Bless her.

Tapatalking so I can't see sigs x

Are you stocked up with teething gel and granules hun?

If he is the same today maybe try those and if it is his teethy pegs then that should alleviate / help things for a little while?

Any other symptoms?

I can only imagine how hard it is not to be too paranoid but as I always say if in any doubt at all trust your instincts and ring your Dr !!!

James has shown no signs of teething at all so I still have all this to look forward to :lol:

xxxxxx

He's fine today but he must have cried for 2 hours last night with tears and everything!

Nothing that he doesn't normally do in terms of teething - he dribbles constantly and chews everything anyway

Managed to have a wee look at his gums and they seem paler than usual? Bet the tooth comes through on holiday just to punish us :lol:

Tracey - Ella's first tooth came through at 14 months. She got so poorly with that one that, and her temperature shot up soooo high, I ended up in the hospital with her and she had to be given paracetamol suppositories. It was a nightmare. I'm dreading the next one.

She too drove me mad with her teething for months before it came. I had been thinking since about 5 months that a tooth would come through. I so hope his teeth make an appearance with no problems! X

Can't see tickers because I'm on my phone!

J's gums were very hard and pale so maybe ones coming soon or getting ready to!

I actually didn't notice any teeth on J till he bit me lol so hopefully if he does cut a tooth on holiday, its not so bad xxxxx

Tracey - Ella's first tooth came through at 14 months. She got so poorly with that one that, and her temperature shot up soooo high, I ended up in the hospital with her and she had to be given paracetamol suppositories. It was a nightmare. I'm dreading the next one.

She too drove me mad with her teething for months before it came. I had been thinking since about 5 months that a tooth would come through. I so hope his teeth make an appearance with no problems! X

Poor Ella!

The calpol got him off to sleep last night so it either sedated him or eased the pain and let him sleep?

His temp was absolutely fine which is what was making me question whether it was teeth

I suppose only time will tell :clock:

Keep me posted! Ella's little friend all grown up with teeth! X

When Jackson was teething it could be hard to tell because he wasn't always slobbery or red cheeks. Just really upset.

Hopefully u get a wee toothy peg soon, wee lamb xxx

Sol, who was two on Saturday still has four teeth left to come through! So it has been two years of constant teething, it's a nightmare, I'm so sick of dribble!!!! All I can say though is that they sort if learn how to deal with it better as they get more through, once the first four to six have come through they can just cope a bit better so you don't get the meltdowns as badly, they can still be grumpy though! But it's the constant dribble that I hate, get him all dressed up and 5 mins later you could ring out his top, drives me nuts!!! Hope Aaron's ok soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back