Teenage Gangs..

Krystal

Reaction score
What do you all think about all the anti social behaviour from youths today? I have been watching this all over the news today and I think the story is so sad. :cry:

These days I wouldn't dare approach a gang of kids cos they don't have any fear, of adults of police even of their own parents. When I was a teenager I was a gobby little cow to my own age group not exactly quiet but I wouldn't dare cheek adults for fear my mam found out and although I used to drink a little cider over the park with my mates on a weekend if the police ever came I used to shit myself lol.

Do you think it's down to parents, police, schools?

I'm not sure what can be done about it. :wall: :wall:

i think there is no discipline. kids know that teachers/parents cant touch them.

a smacked bum never did me any harm!

they think there invincible.

im honestly in two minds about this. part of me thinks that its media specualtion about groups of teenagers all being violent and not caring and another part thinks maybe things are getting worse. i do think the government does eed to come up with some better form of punishment for anti social behaviour but what i dont know. however, i can honestly say that all the teen gangs i see around where i live ( and yes it is a rough estate!!!) are not doing anything more than sitting together and doing nowt, which is all we used to do when i was a teen. yes they may drink alcohol but round here the police are toughening up on that and regularly patrol and take it off the kids.

i do think that the media is going overboard with focusing too much on teen gangs tho and i am not afraid of walking past a group of teenagers in the street. however, in some areas of the country it is evident that gangs are becoming more popular and are linked to violence and something needs to be done but i refuse to be scaremongered into looking over my shoulder everytime i see a teen gang.

what does everyone think can be done to stop teen gangs, i honestly have no idea how the government can stop/deter the violence? does anyone else have any ideas? i agree that the cause could be that they know their is no consequences and the police/adults cant touch them.

the story in the news is very sad and i feel for his family, its disgusting that people feel they can take a life so easily and not think of the people whose lives will be devastated by their actions.

Lack of discipline and respect. You dont have to beat the crap out of a kid to discipline them but some parents just dont seem to care and let their kids roam wild. If you tell them about their child's behaviour you are greeted with a mouthful of abuse so its down to parents plus a very soft approach to punishing crime.

Last year we had a couple of lads kicking our door in, my OH went out and clipped one round the ear, I mean literally clipped. They came back 8 strong and surrounded me (I was 32 weeks pregnant) and we finally managed to get them away from the house. Next day dibble turns up and my OH is in the wrong and we were told the inspector was pushing for my OH being prosecuted!!! The lad gave his very narrow view of events and completely missed out the parts about kicking our door and coming back with 7 others and surrounding a heavily pregnant woman. When the police went back he decided not to press charges (the lad)

Bear in mind this was no child, he was 15 and over 6ft and the inspector wanted my OH prosecuted for standing up to them on our own doorstep!!

Thats a disgrace minime :x

A lad threw a beer bottle at our window last year, Rob ran out in his bare feet chased him down the road and gave him a slap lol. Little git shit himself. Luckily our local bobbie is old school and told the lad when he told him that Rob had hit him that he would have done the same thing lol. But did warn Rob not to do it again :roll: I do worry though that Rob may get attacked when he goes out to them but thats just how Rob is and won't take no shit off them.

I think they should all be sent to the army :shakehead:

skairdykat said:
I think they should all be sent to the army :shakehead:

I agree... I don't think there would be anything wrong in bringing back military service for people who decide not to go onto further education... Its usually only for 9 months. I think it gives boys the opportunity to prove themselves as being men.. most cultures have "coming of age" rituals, but developed countries don't really have that.

I think the reason why there are less issues with girls, is because we have a very obvious sign that marks our transition from being a little girl to being a woman, and that's when our periods start. But as that is becoming less "important" we have seen an increase in girls getting into trouble. But probably as well the reason why more teen girls choose to get pregnant, because again, its a transition from being classed as a little girl to being classed as a mum or adult.

Boys don't have that... there is nothing to mark their transition in life from boy to man. Where as in some cultures a boy will be taken out hunting for three days, kill something then go home a man... we don't have that, so boys are making their own transition ritual... in which their violence is taken out in a negative way.

The problem with parents is that they want their children to act mature... but they make no distinction between when their kids were small to being teenagers. One moment they are being told they are too young to do something, then they are being told to grow up. There needs to be something to mark their transition... and in a big way.

Although there will still be kids who will have issues... :roll:

Disgrace to the country the lot of them!!!!!

I think the family should be allowed to kick the crapola out of THEM!!

I agree completely that kids need discipline, but I cant agree with the idea of compulsory military service. Its a dangerous concept and only gives the wrong message to them.

I think yet again, the media are delivering a concept of the world into our living rooms that just isn't true. But when enough people subscribe to the concept it becomes true.

Teenage boy subscribes to the concept>>>>thinks its what is expected of him>>>>his friends all think the same>>>>a new teen gang is born.

Thats the problem IMO.

I have a 15yr old son who has ADHD. It has been a hard slog bringing him up but I have done my best and I reckon he is a credit to me.

I do not allow him to hang around in gangs or on the street, he attends several after school activities, and is a bright kid who knows his manners.

If I found out he had given anyone lip, or acted in a way I thought was even slightly inappropriate he would get my size 7 up his backside and he knows it!!

I think we need to have more discipline in schools, and at home, and I also think that parents should take responsibility over their kids.

We live in a society where personal responsibilty is non exsistent. We need to be teaching our kids that they are indeed responsible for their actions, and no excuses!!!!

Jue

Its what we have always called " the latch key kids " the kids who are left to bring themselves up, have no respect from adults and therefore give no respect back to anyone. Think they can get away with murder as no one is around to care or give a damn.

They are a disgrace i admit but i do also believe that parents play an important role in this, i was bought up to have respect for adults and even my dad catching me not saying please or thankyou dissapointed him enough to make me upset for a week. These yobs have no manners at all.

Yeah I actually agree with the military idea.. ever watch bad lads army?? :lol:

I think it mainly is down to the parents, I was never hit by my mam (aart from odd tap when I was little) the reason is she never needed to hit me, she just put her 'mam' voice on and I knew I'd pushed it too far. Some kids don't respect there parents anymore so they don't have that fear of upsetting them. and like someone said the teachers can't even touch the kids for fear of being prosecuted and the kids know it. bring back the cane :lol:

its a mixture of parents/teachers & mostly the lack of punishment from the justice system, they get off with a slap on the hand a lot.

starts with the parents though, if the respect for others is put in place from small children, then that helps.
the problem you see is parents complaing about children say on the same street & then the parents of the child telling the other parents to F off! i mean what sort of chance does a kid have of having respect for other adults being brought up like that?

even if i'm saying something about another adult, i don't allow Georgia to add her bit in a negative way, coz i say to het 'it doesn't matter how/what this adult has said to you, you respect them'

sorry i'm rubbish at wording things well :oops:

I would be absolutely mortified if Jam ended up in a gang or dealin with lowlifes, u have no idea how much of a verbal and mental battering he would get if he ended up like that :x :x :x

have been watchin a docu on 5 about american prisons etc and theyre still communicatin to put hits out enemies even when theyre incarcerated 100s of miles away!!!!

stick em in concrete boxes and forget about em :roll:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
. When I was a teenager I was a gobby little cow to my own age group not exactly quiet but I wouldn't dare cheek adults for fear my mam found out and although I used to drink a little cider over the park with my mates on a weekend if the police ever came I used to sh*t myself lol.

:

That's basically what the vast majority of teenagers are like now.That's what i used to do-we used to take the bus up the road at 5o clock each Friday night,go watch some local bands playing at the CFC,then sit in the park thinking we were really grown up because we had one whole can of Magners each.We would get the bus home at 10 and be tucked up safe in bed by 11. It didn't do anybody any harm and we didn't cause any trouble-however,on reflection,it would be easy to misconstrue the situation,because one one or two gangs kick someone's head in,people will start to think that all groups of teenagers are going to be the same.they're not. Most teenagers are too lazy to exert themselves by beating people up,they'd rather indulge in some cyber bullying.

However i think that in some areas gangs ARE a real problem,and unfotunatly,the police doesn't seem to be doing much about it :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back