teats!!!!!!

honeybuggles

Reaction score
hi ladies me again !!!! just wanting a bit of advice really from my previous breastfeeding post you can see i am probably going to be bottlefeeding. Now i have been getting all the bits together ready and i have noticed that there are many different teats like fast, slow, medium flow etc. As a first time mum i have no idea which i should buy or the difference between them or how do i know which ones i should get ?
i would be grateful for any advice.

thanks girls

lucy and bump 34 +1

hi ya

i breastfeed exclusively for 3.5 months then slowly introduced the bottle. i am using the mam teats, number 2 flow. they are like a nipple (so they say!!!)

hope this helps

i havent really looked into it as im breastfeeding (Hopefully!) but from friend that ive seen ect u start on the smallest flow and work your way up as they get bigger and they seem too be having to work too hard to get the milk if u see what i mean... if that doesnt make sense (coz ive got severe preg brain today!) then let me know n i'll try n explainbetter! lol

Slow flow - newborn
Med flow - 3 months plus
Fast flow - 6-9 months plus (depends on your baby. My son stuck to med flow from 4 months until 2 years.
Emilia xx

Hi Honey,
Have you checked out Avent's website?

Its a really good site and they give loads of advice on teats, bottles and steralizing, and info on bottle feeding formula and expressed milk.

I have brought the Haberman teats. They have all 3 flow strengths on the one teat and are apparantly like the breast. You can control your babys flow so speed it up if they are getting lazy during a feed. Also they don't have a contiuous flow like some teats do so should reduce the risks of your baby getting colic.

I got mine from: www.pedleybaby.co.uk

They are the same ones that Tracy Hogg used on her programme 'Baby Whisperer' on Sky.

hiya, i got mothercare bottles with my first and have bought them for this one, the bottles all come with slow flow teats, but i found last time taht my little girl wasnt feeding fast enough for herself( i know what i mean i hope you do too lol)
Anyway i switched to Vari-flow teats which are cross cut at the end so baby get as little or as much as they want depending on how hard they suck. I have bought some this time as well just so am prpered.

One word of warning though be sure to check them regularly as the can split on the cross making milk rush into babies mouth, this happened twice with me.

Hope that rambleing helped (soz for spellings, brain not working well today!)

I HAVE ALWAYS USED THE VARIBLE FLOW TEATS AND THEY WORK HOW YOUR BABY SUCKS, CANT GO WRONG THEN :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back