teats

mrs v

Reaction score
So I bought some level 2 teats as they say you can use from 3 months, not for any reason other than hearing friends had done so. Tried them, lo ends up with milk all over face, although drank it much quicker. He's just had normal teat and drank whole bottle fine, should I just keep him on level 1 or start with 2? Arrrggghhh I'm so bloody unsure and indecisive!

i have the same with amelie. i use at night the old teats as she docent suck viciously to collapse them and my goal is for her to get the less milk possible and to settle back to sleep and during the day the faster flow ones. once they get used to them they do stop getting covered in milk but it takes some time to get used to them.
would say if your baby finishes the bottles and dosent collapse the teats you can keep going with the old ones. once the teats collapse because they suck too hard or the bottles remain unfinished because they get tired and bored from the hard work to get the milk out then they need changing.

I use size 2 teats and the first few feeds after I changed, milk everywhere! Once MJ was used to them its fine now, the odd dribble here and there but he feeds much better. Give it a couple days hun xx

we started using variflow when ds was 9weeks. first few days it came out a bit fast but after that he learned to control the flow himself.

Same here, we started with size 1 when newborn but switched to variflow at about 2 months. It did take a few days for lo to get the hang of it though x

I also have this problem and unsure if to change or not. I got some vari flow teats when lo was prescribed gaviscon as it makes the milk thicker, but he ended up wearing most of it! I've been thinking of trying again as it takes him ages to drink and often becomes too tired to finish. I may try the no 2 teats as apposed to the vari flow and see how he gets on with them - its quite an expense though if there are no good (6 cost £12).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back