Team Yellow Nursery colours

Daydreaming

Reaction score
Went to the Baby Show in London yesterday, got lots of ideas when it comes to deciding which stuff you need and which stuff that looks pretty (i.e. useless toot!).

We have ordered our furniture, went a bit crazy and got a 7 piece set (even though our house is small, as it is only a 2 bed we have a big 2nd bedroom so it should all fit!)

It is the same as this one:
http://www.boots.com/en/Tutti-Bambi...nish-with-FREE-Home-assembly-service_1206670/

So now I NEED to decorate!
I am torn between green and yellow - we have a beige carpet so I fear yellow may be too much of a similar colour?

What did other team yellows plan to do??

We are getting a Tutti Bambini set too!! Ours is in white though.... if we had a bigger room we would have gone for the dark wood. They are lovely aren't they?

We have gone for a Dulux colour called 'soft stone' it's a creamy colour with the slightest touch of coffee and terracotta.... it's nice and warming.

Have you tried any testers out yet? x

Last edited:
aww, that is a nice colour.

We have loads of splodges in varying colours all over the walls!! Still no firm decision though. Grrrr

Can't you use both yellow and green and make it like a farm kind of scene I'm sure either mothercare, mamas and papas or toys r us have a bedding set that's yellow and green?!

Thats a really nice set, the curves are lovely. I'm a fan of soft colours so would lean towards a soft yellow that way you could accessories with toys with pretty much any other colour.
xx

We are painting our nursery pale yellow but the other colours will be bright and vibrant. We like the circus theme range from mothercare :) x

We did DS room in yellow and cream, we didn't really want to go with 'boy' colours so we did neutrals and with the toys r us jungle chums theme. Glad we did now as DS is gonna have to share with DD until we can get moved house in the next couple of years!

Lovely furniture! I'm a bit of a white chick! All my rooms are white with colour added to them. Your dark wood would really show off in a white room and then any colour bolds or pastels will go with it. Also easy to do a feature wall once you know what your little bundle is x

That set is really lovely!

Even though we're going to find out whether we're team blue or pink - we're still going to decorate in neutral colours. We've decided on a Teddy Bears picnic theme. That would look really lovely with your set!!!

Picky of room I love...

Last edited:
thats such lovely furniture, cant wait to be able to do that at some point for my LO shame its not for her arrival.
I also love the circus theme from mothercare so bold and bright.
So excited for you all x

We went for a pale beige (Laura Ashley Twine - expensive paint but covers like a dream - worth the money!!) and have bright curtains with lots of different colours in them and an oatmeal kind of carpet. We are going to get a blackout blind in either pink or blue when bubs arrives to match a colour in the curtains. Don't think I would have done it differently even had I know the sex as this should stand the test of time for baby number 2 hopefully!!! lol

Ours is going to be cream and chocolate with Teddy bear transfers, lovely set x

We bought our paint for our nursery yesterday - one wall will be orange (tangerine dream from b&q) and the other 3 Walls will be magnolia. Bright and cheerful!! I love the rainbow themed range from jojomamanbebe. Only prob is I think baby will have a hard time sleeping with a the lovely bright stimulation!!! Oh well!......

I'm going with earthy colours, and the Barnaby Bear range from Mamas and Papas. It's kind of a light brown gingham with creams and light greens. It really goes with any colour of furniture, which is good cos I think we;ll end up changing furniture once we get a cot to replace the crib xx

thanks guys, seems yellow/beige is top vote here.

But I am still undecided, back to google to check out other people's rooms AGAIN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back