Team no sleep...

GF91

Reaction score
My little girl (now 11 months) doesn't sleep, and I mean doesn't sleep. She has 2 naps a day, around 20 mins if that, and is in bed at 8. She's now started sleeping til 12/12.30 when she wakes up and she's wide awake, chatting to herself, standing up in her cot, calling mumumum & dadadad, we ignore her which lasts about 20 minutes where it turns into hysterical crying. She doesn't want anything, she's not hungry, if you pick her up she pushes you away, if you sit with her on your lap she does everything in her power to push you away and get off your lap. I take her downstairs (before anyone says- putting her in my bed is not an option. My husband has horrendous sleep apnea and is attached to a breathing mask all night and a heart rate monitor which often goes off when his heart stops, and our dog has started having fits so she sleeps in our room as we often have to intervene) and sit in the darkness til she nods off around 4. I put her back in her bed where she sleeps for 10-15 minutes and that's it awake again until 10.30 when it's nap time.
We do stuff all day, so in theory she should be knackered and you can see it in her little face that she's tired but she just won't settle for long enough to have a decent sleep. I'm running on coffee and caffeine pills currently otherwise I just can't get through the day but in myself I feel horrendous and no amount of concealer is covering the huge bags under my eyes- which is abit embarrassing when I'm at important meetings with important clients.

Can someone help me... Please :shock: :shock: :shock:

No advice as my 11 month old is the same! Hang in there chick, I'm guessing it's a phase. X

Bloody hope so. I feel like banging my head against the wall :wall2::wall2:

Felix is just the same at 9 months, up every 3 hours and so hard to get him back to sleep, I feel your pain! xo

Can you go in with her? We had a single bed in the room when Lucie was that age and I used to pop her in that against the wall and get in with her. I also put the portable to in there and she would drift off after 10/15 mins and we would both sleep till 6am X

My lo is 6 months and still up every 2 hours during the night, couple that with my 2 year old who is also a terrible sleeping I'm feeling your pain, constantly running on empty and feeling exhausted yet my two boys are full of beans in the morning and the happiest of children yet it's me who looks like a zombie!!

I have a crap sleeper. She is poorly at the moment so I'll let her off but at just gone 1 she has never, ever slept through and she hasn't even come close.

We co-sleep due to the fact she still has several night feeds. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had 4 hours + in one go and done just one night feed!!

Usually she has 2 or 3 feeds and co-sleeping has helped as I can just pop a boob out and I don't really have to 'get up'. Of course co-sleeping presents it's own problems [Bee doesn't and never has slept in her cot bed, which is currently pushed up against our bed]

I'm back to work today and I'm on my knees with tiredness due to illness. I am not wanting to do any sleep training though as Bee is quite a clingy and sensitive little girl.

My folks delight in telling me how I didn't sleep until I was 4 and I needed a light on until I was 10!! I have always been a rubbish sleeper as well.... looks like Bee takes after me.

It's a huge shock to the system as James was sleeping 11-6 from about 10 weeks.

X

My lg is now 10 months old and wakes now 3+ times in a night, last night was a bad one. She doesn't wake for food tho. Sometimes she's not even awake when she cries so I rush in and soothe her back and she goes off again. She been like this since a cough virus in November :-( she slept through from 12 weeks so it's been a shock to the system. I really hope this phase passes soon :-( I feel for you all x

Can you go in with her? We had a single bed in the room when Lucie was that age and I used to pop her in that against the wall and get in with her. I also put the portable to in there and she would drift off after 10/15 mins and we would both sleep till 6am X

We did think that but her room isn't big enough for her cot and a single bed. I'm currently considering doing away with her cot and putting a single bed in against the wall and sides on thru other to see if that makes a difference.

My lo is 6 months and still up every 2 hours during the night, couple that with my 2 year old who is also a terrible sleeping I'm feeling your pain, constantly running on empty and feeling exhausted yet my two boys are full of beans in the morning and the happiest of children yet it's me who looks like a zombie!!

I know that feeling. Hubby springs out of bed like a spring chicken, despite the oxygen mask, and heart monitor, and goes off to work... I'm like matchsticks holding my eyes open :shock:

I have a crap sleeper. She is poorly at the moment so I'll let her off but at just gone 1 she has never, ever slept through and she hasn't even come close.

We co-sleep due to the fact she still has several night feeds. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had 4 hours + in one go and done just one night feed!!

Usually she has 2 or 3 feeds and co-sleeping has helped as I can just pop a boob out and I don't really have to 'get up'. Of course co-sleeping presents it's own problems [Bee doesn't and never has slept in her cot bed, which is currently pushed up against our bed]

I'm back to work today and I'm on my knees with tiredness due to illness. I am not wanting to do any sleep training though as Bee is quite a clingy and sensitive little girl.

My folks delight in telling me how I didn't sleep until I was 4 and I needed a light on until I was 10!! I have always been a rubbish sleeper as well.... looks like Bee takes after me.

It's a huge shock to the system as James was sleeping 11-6 from about 10 weeks.

X

As a newborn she slept all night, as she's got older she's got worse and worse. Was easier when I was breastfeeding because we had a Chico next to you crib and i'd just pop her in my bed, get out my boobie and let her feed herself back to sleep. Alas jays sleeping problems have got worse so she had to go into her own room and then I stopped breastfeeding. X

My lg is now 10 months old and wakes now 3+ times in a night, last night was a bad one. She doesn't wake for food tho. Sometimes she's not even awake when she cries so I rush in and soothe her back and she goes off again. She been like this since a cough virus in November :-( she slept through from 12 weeks so it's been a shock to the system. I really hope this phase passes soon :-( I feel for you all x

milania isn't always awake awake when she starts, but if I go in she's then wide awake :-( it seems she knows when I'm tired and the we have the worst nights :wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back