tea date!

Layla

Reaction score
I was very brave this morning and aproched one of the mums in the playground.

she has 4 girls and a son, one of them is in Ethans class, i noticed that she always stands on her own like me so i went over...

she youngest daughter is 4 months so to break the ice i used her as an excuse.....asked if she goes to any mum and baby groups!

she said no, shes allways stuck in the house being bored, i said me too, which is why im thinking of going to a group, then she asked me round for a cuppa tomorrow, said we can both be bored together :lol:

i know this is really pathic but im so chuffed, hopefuly we will become good friends, fingers crossed!

xx

Thats really cool layla, good on ya. You are very brave, I am a bit shy too. Have a good tea date xxx

Well done Layla!!!

Stuart is always popping round to peoples houses for cuppas after the school run. Whenever I pick them up or take them I stand in the playground like a right dilly. I know how scary it is to do, I've even got butterflies in my tummy for you just thinking about it. Hope it goes well tomorrow :)

Nice one Layla.

I am stuck in the house most days and Amy doesn't go to school so i can't do it like that.
My HV gave me a list of local mother and toddler groups prices and times.

Going to decide which one and go.

It's not pathetic at all Layla. It's really great.
I spend most days at home mainly because Phoebe hates going out!! Great!!!
Sami comes round once a week normally and I really enjoy it. It's the one thing that I can look foward to in the week. My aunt also pops up quite regularly but she's one of them people where you have to be in the mood to enjoy her company :shock:
It's a shame we are all scattered all over the UK. (and other countries). Maybe we should arrange a visit in a certain town on a certain date etc and see who can come? xxx

BubbleOne said:
Maybe we should arrange a visit in a certain town on a certain date etc and see who can come? xxx

was thinking that last night, it would be cool to meet everyone, and to see everyone's beautiful babies xx

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..thats great Layla, good for you. Im Jealous :wink:
It will be lovely for you, what time are you going? will be thinking of you.
Bonus going to her house...least you wont be rushing round tidying up!!
Wish i had a tea date.....Im on my own til 9pm when OH gets home.

That's great Layla...

*HUG* I know how you feel, I'm very shy about stuff like that too - it's hard to break the ice and you always feel like they will think you are weird...me very socially anxious :oops:

Best of luck hun and have a nice time making a new friend!

Sue

going tomorrow morning straight from school.

i think us all meeting up would be a great idea, we all chat everyday and get on well :)

xx

Well done and good luck for tomorrow! :D
Emilia xx

hels said:
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..thats great Layla, good for you. Im Jealous :wink:
It will be lovely for you, what time are you going? will be thinking of you.
Bonus going to her house...least you wont be rushing round tidying up!!
Wish i had a tea date.....Im on my own til 9pm when OH gets home.

We should meet up Hels we live close :D

Yes for sure Kim...Id love to. I have ordered a buggy for newborns off ebay, so when that comes defo, so i can get on the bus. Still not able to drive cos of section, but feel fine.
Shame were not ALL closer!!! Some one else is in Grimsby, is it Charlie-chalk???

HI Layla well done

I am sooo shy to go talk to any one was supposty to go to momand baby group today and my nurse was gonna go with me but then it snowed and itr never snows here lol. maybe im not meant to go .... gonna try again in two weeks.
Hope you girls get on well.
Katrina

Good for you layla!

They couldn't shut me up at ante natal but there was nobody that was my cup of tea who I made friends with. The majority of my friends are men. Infact I only have about 2 girlfriends and the rest are male.

Lou :)

wont be going today :(

Jase got laid off work yesterday so we need to find him another job double quick.

i cant afford rent and bills on my own, and we have just brought a house, due to move in about 4 weeks :( :( :(

Oh dear Layla that's terrible!

What does Jase do? *HUG* You so didn't need that right now. My OH is self employed and I'm always afraid that the work will stop coming in, etc. Have you tried www.monster.co.uk?

Sue

Awww no Layla, good luck in finding him something, I'm sure everything will work out OK, but it must be stressful :?

Oh bugger... sorry to hear your news! But, I'm sure he'll find something else PDQ.
Good luck :wink:
Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back