TDAP during pregnancy!!!

srammal

Reaction score
How many of your have received the TDAP vaccine during pregnancy? In the US it is recommended to get the vaccine with every pregnancy to pass the antibodies to your baby. However, I was curious what it was like in the UK. Is the vaccine during pregnancy encouraged?

TDAP is a vaccine that protects against pertussis (whooping cough).

Very much encouraged following an increase in confirmed cases here in UK.

Advised to have it from 28-32 weeks.

check the inserts of the vaccines.. Not confirmed safe for pregnant women

To be fair, nothing is confirmed safe for pregnant women!
It's a choice to make, I think.
I will be having it because the risks to my baby when it's born outweigh the risks now. Whooping Cough is a killer. Vaccines aren't :)

It's widely encouraged in pregnancy, I had it both times and wouldn't be without it. If it wasn't safe they wouldn't recommend it.

It hasn't been tested in pregnancy so they can't say if it's safe or not. I'm not making that up, it's fact..

Whooping Cough is a killer. Vaccines aren't :)

Hmm, that's a matter of opinion.

I'm not having it.

Didn't with my other two babies either (9 & 12 yrs ago, back when vaccines were not allowed in pregnancy nevermind recommended lol)

It hasn't been tested in pregnancy so they can't say if it's safe or not. I'm not making that up, it's fact..

My point is that If there was anything to suggest it was unsafe or causes harm
They wouldn't reccomend it. Personal choice obviously but I know I could never refuse something I believe is benificial.

Yes. It's all about choice. My midwife says it's perfectly safe.
When I had antibiotics they told me I had to be aware that they don't like giving drugs as obviously none are 'tested'.
Again, all entitled to own opinions and that's great. What a boring world we would be in otherwise!
I just feel that I am anxious enough already. I have to put my trust in midwife and others. It just seems to me that the outcry if there really was a problem with the vaccines after recommending to everyone would be huge. Them putting anyone at risk is bad enough, but being responsible for damage to thousands if not millions of babies'/mothers' health would not be taken lightly by anyone!
I am going to choose to trust them.
The thing is, we're all actually just doing what mum's do and trying to protect our babies :) Lots in common, really!
Hope you all have happy and healthy nine months, with or without vaccines! Xx

Last time I was ill I was told that nothing is tested for pregnant women as basically no one wants to be responsible for those tests but it's very much an individual's choice.
I chose to have the flu and whooping cough vaccine, having had a 6 week old with whooping cough 17 years ago i wouldn't take the risk but it is entirely personal opinion and we all have our reasons for and against it x

I had it at 31 weeks with no ill effects. Sore arm for a few days but no illness or anything like that. I did consider not getting it at one stage but then started thinking if baby caught whooping cough I would never forgive myself, especially when I could have prevented it. It's a personal decision though and you should do what you feel is right for you. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back