Tap water

hellywelly

Reaction score
At what age can lo's have tap water as their drink rather than cooled boiled water? I would always use boiled water for making up formula, but wondered if the (very few!!) sips of water I manage to get down E a day need to be boiled first.

I switched to tap water at 6 months and have had no problems x

Ooh really? That's interesting, it seems 6 months is major change time by what I've seen recently :) x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

I'm still boiling water for drinks. I had thought it was a year but I can't find where I got that from! Lol

I was told tap water from 6months so thats what we did but he just spits it out anyway lol. x

Straight from the NHS website:
Water: fully breastfed babies don’t need any water until they’ve started eating solid food. Bottle-fed babies may need some extra water in hot weather. For babies under six months, use water from the mains tap in the kitchen that's been boiled then cooled. Water for babies over six months doesn’t need to be boiled. Bottled water is not recommended for making up infant formula feeds as it is not sterile and may contain too much salt (sodium) or sulphate. If you have to use bottled water to make up a feed, check the label to make sure the sodium (also written as Na) level is less than 200 milligrams (mg) per litre, and the sulphate (also written as SO or SO4) content is not higher than 250mg per litre. Bottled water is not sterile, so it will need to be boiled and cooled like tap water before you use it to prepare a feed.

Woo hoo. One less hassle for me to worry about!

Thanks ladies - another thing off the worry list!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back