Tandem/Twin pushchair advice?

misscrazycooki

Reaction score
Whats the best one on personal experience? As my son will be 1 year and 4 months old when this new baby arrives I am going to need a twin pushchair. Idealy I was looking at a tandem but they all seem to have bad points for the older child in front.

Idealy under £300 as I would have to get a loan to buy it anyways so repayment is going to be tough but its a well needed piece of equipment x

I've found a nice one on eBay I like a side by side but can be either way facing too! It's called eurobaby 'freestyle cool' twin and it's just over £300 for pushchair and one carrycot plus accessories!

I had 13 mths between my number 2 and 3 , quite a few years ago in 2002, so very diff pushchairs now, but I would always go for a very slim side by side stroller type , both kids have the same veiw, both have independant lieback /sit up mechanisim as have very dfferent needs , and will last you a long time , plus 2 shopping baskets!!! one for change bag and blankets and one for shopping!!!

I had a near 3 year old at the time too, so if you go onto have another straightaway, then I had a buggy board on my doublebuggy too, works a treat!

Last edited:
i have never had to buy twin buggies for myself, but i have 2 friends and a relative who have had babies close together and they all went for the mclaren side by side buggy as its quite slim and lightweight :)

good luck with ur search xx

I think I'm going to go for an icandy pear, or peach maybe. They are pretty expensive, but depending on where you live there are loads on ebay going for reasonable prices within the range you said. But for me there are non within a 50 mile radius :wall2:

I do like the bugaboo, but it would be impossible for me to get in and out the house with 2 steps at the front door.

With all of them though both babies can face me too, which is what I would want too.

I personally don't have experience of a double pushchair but my best friend has twin boys, she has the iCandy peach and she loves it. Whenever I look after the boys I use it too and have had no issues with it, I folds up nicely and the chassis is pretty light weight. xx

We were going to get the icand peach, but as with my firls LO i plan on baby waering this LO for the first 6 months anyway so buy that time lolly pop should be walking most places anyways and the new baby can go in her pram, with a buggie board on the back for if LO gets tired.

Icandy peach is my fave though.

Josh has just turned 2, so will also be getting a double pram, i will be getting this one: http://www.very.co.uk/ladybird-foll...n=/q/ladybird-follow-me-tandem&totalResults=1

I like this one because it folds up as small as a unbrella fold pram, its not too long, and i like that baby is nice and protected from the elements in the back.
i know someone who already has one and she loves hers. she uses hers for 2 toddlers also because she is a childminder x

hun, the link i posted above, i've bought it now, uploaded loads of pics of it for my friend so let me know if you want to have a nosy (i've taken 40+ pics :\ )

iCandy's Pear and Peach Blossom are fantastic strollers. I was recommended iCandy by the sales assistant so I trust they're one of the best manufacturers :)
My OH and I were searching for a double and so had a look at both the Pear and the Peach Blossom - Both have similar attributes in terms of their flexibile modes - both are carrycot, seat unit and car seat adaptable, and both have the potential to be turned into singles - which would be a great option for you when your elder child starts preferring to walk! I find the Pear slightly heavier to push, but it's fantastic for use on various terrains, so it's dependent on what your use is. I wanted a more "city-friendly" double and so the peach was a better option - it's a lighter model and isn't as chunky - however both are gorgeous designs. The main advantages is that because it's a double seat on a double chassis you can have your children forward or rear facing. Therefore the eldest can sit in an upright position facing out whilst you're looking at my youngest in his carrycot.
It's at least definitely worth going in store and getting a demonstration - iCandy have been a pleasure for us, and so I couldn't recommend them enough!

Happy choosing :)

mamatilly i think that is great feedback, me too have an icandy and completely agree with your above comment - i found the same when i was looking. I have the peach blossom after converting it from a single to a double and i have to say it is the best pushchair i have ever had. i know everyone has different budgets and completely understand that, you have to stick to what you can afford. if you can get a good deal on a icandy peach blossom for your budget and situation then that would be great. the peach blossom is certainly one i would recommend. xx

We have bought the obaby xi and I habe used it with two kids yet but using it daily as a single and tried out the other ways and I found it great for the price I read lots of bad reviews but had none of the issues and it comes with everything. So glad we bought it.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I've actually ordered the bugaboo donkey now pricey but the best for what were going to use it for. Babies sit side by side, can face either way, small enough to fit through a standard size door and can be adjusted for one child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back