Tandem feeding

Maud

Reaction score
Are there any mums who are or have tandem fed a newborn and a toddler?

I'm not sure how much support I'm going to get (I've lost track of the number of times my mum has told me I should wean my daughter and my OH also thinks 2 years is enough) so looking for any real life experiences of how it works, good and bad points and any tips so I can be well prepared.

My LO is 2 and feeds morning and bedtime so I'm hoping it wouldn't be too strenuous to still fit that in around a newborn. But then feeding a newborn is pretty intense... Really not sure how I feel about it but I know I wouldn't force her to wean if I wasn't pregnant so not keen to do so just because I am.

Have you perhaps tried a facebook group? Quite alot of BF facebook groups - Im sure theyd promote that or atleast have some like minded ladies.

My friend has just had her 3rd, and each time shes had two on the boob. Im sure the eldest doesnt BF anymore as shes over 3 - but she snaps pictures of her and two on all the time.

I dunno the ins/outs or how difficult it is. Just know she does it quite the thing.

I wish you all the best and well done for feeding so long! Its upto you how long you wanna feed. Ive seen worse tbh. Some people at like 4 still BF. Rare, but it happens.

xxxx

I tandem nursed until my son was 6 months old and my daughter was 3.5 years old.

I'll be tandem nursing again as my son will be 23 months old when this baby is born and he is still an avid nurser!

Thanks for replies. Can I ask a few questions Kholl? Did your daughter change her feeding routine when baby came along or did she just accept having to share the boobies? Did you always offer baby the boob before the toddler? Any tips you could share? How did you deal with negative comments from family?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back