Tampons after birth

When can you use tampons safely again after having a baby? I have been staying away from them because I didn't know how long you had to wait and forgot to ask HV. I have been using towel still but I always leak and I've just come on my period again already and it's so heavy it's not even funny. One minute there is nothing, then comes a massive gush of blood.(TMI sorry) :oops: I've just flooded all through my jeans and over the computer chair and everything, right in the middle of sorting Damien out :cry:
I used to use a mooncup (wonderful interesting invention for those of you who are more Eco) but after a baby you need to get a new size and I haven't ordered one yet, and lost my old one when I moved last year.

Anyone know?? Sorry kind of rambled.

i used them with my first period about 5weeks after, (not the bleeding after the baby) but they never felt the same after giving birth seemed very uncomfortable i was told by the midwife that is some times the case.

I think that's what I'm worried about mainly, them feeling wierd. After all I haven't used them since April 2005 :shock: I'm a bit scared to use them again without being told I can if you know what I mean?

mine felt like it was a bit tight or like i was to dry for it to be inside me cant realy explain it, but felt like it was there when i sat down i only had 2periods after Dior lol i forgot what them things are!

I was told by my doctor that it's fine to use them again once 'cuddles' doesn't hurt anymore because that pretty much means you bits are no longer 'post pregnancy' if that makes sense :?

It took me quite a while to get used to tampons again and I had a c section so god knows what it's like if you give birth properly! I had about 4 periods before I felt comfortable with them all the other times I could feel them. Think it takes a bit of getting used to again but if you really hate towels like I do keep trying, it does get better! I used them on my first period (about 6 weeks after the baby was born) :)

Hi Sami,

well I had a tear inside, not a very big one but enough to make things a bit painful for quite a while. I had my first period at 10 weeks and didn't fancy trying them, I used regular size for the heaviest part of my second period at 14 weeks (as Dionne says they were a bit uncomfortable- a bit like if you've tried pulling one out when you've only just put one in and it's dry) but I'm now having my third period post-baby at 18 weeks and I am using super size (a bigger size than pre-Mel :oops: ho hum!) with no probs. My periods are heavier too but (and this has really cheered me up!) the last two have been nothing in terms of pain- all the dreadful period pain I used to have has gone hip hip hooray! It was so bad that I was worried that I had a problem and would have gone to the Drs had it not been for getting pregnant. I was 10 hours into proper labour before the pain was worse than my normal period pain so it is such an added bonus! PMT is just as bad as ever but at least now I've had a couple I can give my OH the monthly "red rag" warning not to engage me in an argument and to be extra nice to me!!

Why not have a go on a heavier day and see how you go?
+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back