talking of dogs - how often do you walk your dog?

Babylicious

Reaction score
we have a 10 month old border collie, she gets three walks a day (two by sean and one by me) usually in total around 4 miles per day, then twice a week we go over to the park and she runs round for a loony for an hour

My Shi Tzu is taken out first on a morning for 15 minutes then on the evening for 15 minutes. sometimes during the day I'll take him if I'm walking local with the pram. When the weather is warmer we usually go to the big park in town and take him there for an hour but he's knackered bless him only got ikkle legs :D

once a day for 15mins but he gets played with in the garden to tire him out. usually a big walk on saturdays without the lead where he usually takes a mad fit :lol:

our little dog is old now and can only manage about 35 -40 mins at a time on soft ground - we are well matched at the minute :roll:

Charlie has 15 minutes in the morning, then 30-45 minutes late afternoon or evening.
Weekends we take him out somewhere nice and have one long big walk. He also has a bit of a swim if we go somewhere with a lake or to the beach. :D

Babylicious said:
we have a 10 month old border collie, she gets three walks a day (two by sean and one by me) usually in total around 4 miles per day, then twice a week we go over to the park and she runs round for a loony for an hour

3 walks a day. thats great. my friend has a 10 month old german shephard and shes lucky to get one walk a day. poor things shut in a kitchen most of the day whilst the family work. cruel i think :(

thats awful budge, I work from home so someones always here with the pup. She's crated when I do go out and at bed time though as she likes to chew

they keep her in a cage thing in the kitchen all day. frmo 7.30 till 6pm.
I don't think its right at all. :(

when she said she was getting one i told her i thought it was not a good idea. They both work long hours. They have no garden either :(

its terrible

in a few months i bet they get rid of her - she was bought on a whim and unfortunately i reckon the novelty will ware off :(

Ours get 20 minutes in the morning for a run about (in a field) about an hour at mid-day (off-lead, in woods) and about 20 mins again at night before their dinner..... They are in a kennel with a massive run (20 m sq +) when they are not out and about.

They are spoiled wee monkeys but need to be kept fit for working, when they might do a 6 hour day. I do feel sorry for dogs (especially big, naturally active ones) who barely get out :x my auntie is a prime example of this, and then wonders why her dog digs up their (tiny) garden :roll:

My black lab gets a walk each day but not half as often as before babywas born! I would love to take her out with the pushchair but she is too strong.

It was walking Saffy that triggered my labour actually! I used to love going out in the dark with her when it was quiet. Can't now as Fin is in bed. :(

Babylicious said:

Don't mean to pry but did you walk him for that long when he was younger?

Our 1 year old border collie cross gets taken out twice a day, both times by me

we live right on the edge of town and opposite a field,woods and 7 mile stretch of greenbelt.they go out twice a day more if the weathers nice.they are out for an hour a time and they also have a dog run to go out into thats about 10ft square.and of course nothing beats snuggling up on their beanbag next to the radiator at this time of year :rotfl:

I walk our dog once at about midday, OH takes him before work, and then at least twice after work, so he gets 4 minimum. I like to take him through the day as I like getting Isaac out in the frsh air and we get to catch up with neighbours when we see them :D

at the moment, once a day. im on my own, and ive been stretched quite thin. but hoping to start taking her twice a day soon.

she gets about an hour or so in the morning.

and has the run of the place all day. except for at night, when i lock her into her crate, as i cant risk being woke up, im tired enough as it is lol.

i also dont think it is the legnth of the walk, it is the quality of it too. a dog will be more worn out if stimulated mentally, than if he/she is just walked around.

im trying to get my dog to fetch a ball at the moment, and its not working too well lol.

I've got the same thing with harley :rotfl: :rotfl: I thought collies were born fetchers :roll:

its mad isnt it. ive had one bloke say to me 'oh how unusual. collies are usually mad about doing it' yeh thanks lol.

im going to try and train it into her. she loves chasing dogs that are after there ball. lol.

heres a good site for all you animal lovers out there. http://z8.invisionfree.com/talkpets

the portal address is www.talk-pets.com has some good info on there :)

Usually about 20 minutes in the morning, 20 at lunch and then a longer one at night. Can't wait for the Summer so we can get out and about more with her :D Try to give her a long walk at the weekends but she suffers from Hip Dysplacia (SP) and after diving about too much chasing snow balls the other night she's really hurt herself :( so she's having a lazy one this weekend :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back