Talk us through your BFP moment :)

LouiseB

Reaction score
Kind of like a labour/birth story but for your BFP.

Did you suspect? When did you test? Where was you? Where was your OH? How did you feel? How did you react? - That kind of stuff but in a paragraph :)

I don't have one yet so i can't contribute but i'd like to read them :good:

Ok I'll kick you off Louise. I was 6 days late. I had tested at 3 days late and got a BFN. Was only the second month of TTC after coming off the pill so just thought my cycle was up the spout. Tested at 5am with FMU and could not believe my eyes when the line came up. Snuck back to bed and whispered in hubbie's ear "I think I'm pregnant". He said "what time is it". I said "5 o'clock but did you hear me I think I'm pregnant!" At that point he said "oh my god" and rolled over saying "my life is over!" Not quite what I'd hoped for since it was planned! He realised later on in the day that he hadn't said quite the right thing bless him and apologised! x

I took my HPT for purely selfish reasons......I have quite a boozy few weeks coming up! Or at least, I had!

Last Saturday I was 10 days late for my period. I had a 44 day cycle back in June so i wasnt terribly convinced this was anything to be excited about. But after a chat with the OH we decided just to do a test, get the BFN, chill out till i got AF, and enjoy our boozy few weeks!

So, off to Tescos we bombed, he ran in and got a test and i pee'd on it! Just as id convinced myself it was a BFN, the positive line started to appear. It was really faint at first then devloped in to the pic i have on my avatar. I screamed 'OMG' out of the toilet door and the OH ran in thinking id fallen down the loo or something! After a lot of tears and hugging we realised that we'd finally done it and we'd created the Bean we have both so longed for! :)

4 tests later we are convinced and very happy!

Fingers crossed if your expecting a BFP! xx

i was on the pill and missed a period but didnt think about it as it says in the leaflet that 1 missed period is not unusual. I felt so tired and sick and dizzy all the time, still didnt get it. I had sore boobs - put it down to that my period would come, i even went to the doc and told her all this as i had hard time coping with work, she didnt get it either and prescribed me another 6 month of pills.

someone at work said to me - your pregnant. haha no chance. After a few days i got worried and i said to OH that its the sympthoms BUT DONT WORRY CUZ IM NOT!
went to get the test couple of days later and did it.. 7 weeks pregnant.
I burst out in tears as me and OH where not in a position to have a baby and we didnt want one (im sorry to say) My first thought was abortion but OH said he didnt want me to do one. so we decided to keep him. We where not so excited in the begginging, he didnt talk to me about it until after we had seen our baby on the scan. He squeezed my hand and none of us could belive that was our baby..

since then we have both been happy about it but he had to take his time to get around the idea more then i did.
Now i wouldnt be without my little boy in there and i know it will be the best thing that have ever happend to us and the fact that he is in there even tho we used protection must mean hes ment to be with us.. and OH is excited about becoming a dad and we love him so much already :love:

We weren't trying weren't preventing. I don't know what made me test as I thought we'd completely missed ovulation that month as OH was busy with work and we were both knackered most of the time but turns out we'd hit the nail on the head! Lol. I tested before af was due and got bfn on cbd then something made me test again the day af was due, again bfn on cbd. Later that same day I retested with first response and got an immediate bfp! I quietly walked into the lounge and waved it at my OH! Who promptly picked me up and span me around! We were and still are so happy! Just waiting to meet him now!

Baby dust to everyone ttc x

Love this post. It's nice to read nice things :)

Jodied and Mrs B - you've given me some hope. I'm 4 days late and getting bfn. Mrs B, did you get bfn before your bfp??

xxxxx

I stopped taking the pill at the beginning of August and had my break through bleed. My af never came when my next breakthrough bleed should of been so i took a test and it came back a bfn, af still never arrived a few days later but i just thought my af was going to be irregular.
I ordered some opk's for my next cycle, i recieved them 6 days after my af should of been due so just being impatient i thought id try to use one that evening, and to my suprise it came up positive straight away, so i was either very lucky to catch ov or it was something else! I have heard of opk's being used as a form of pregnancy test, so i tested the morning after and couldnt believe my eyes, the test line came up before the control line.
So i didnt get my bfp till a week after my af was due x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing hun, maybe there is still hope. I do feel like I could be, but I could be kidding myself.

It's so nice hearing how everyone found out. When your ttc it's all you can imagine - what you would do etc! :)

xxx

We started ttc in December, my Christmas pressie was coming off the pill :) I had my pill AF and then set about waiting for the real thing, by March I was getting worried. I was feeling sick and dizzy but I put it down to a possible ear infection as it felt really similar to what I'd had the year before.

Anywho after speaking to his mum and my mum I started to put two and two together. So I did a test, on mothers day and it was a BFP!!! I took a picture and emailed it to my husband but my phone was being stupid and it wouldn't send grrrrr so I called him and he kept diverting my calls -it was 8am on a Sunday. I was persistent and he finally answered, I told him he was going to be a daddy and he was over the moon :)

I went out and go a CBD and it came back 3+ weeks. I was actually 6 weeks. I'd been pregnant for 6 weeks and not realised! I'd been drinking, eating rubbish and I'd not been very good at my folic acid either. Whoops! But here I am less than 6 weeks away from my journey being over.

That's my story
Emma x

Last edited:
TTC didn't start very smoothly for me - a 50 day cycle had me in a bit of a mess. So had no idea what the next cycle would be, DH was working away sunday pm until fri pm every week and was trying OPKs, got something that wasn't quite a definite positive so wasn't sure my body was back to normal after the pill.
I was due to deploy for 4 months and we went away skiing for a week thinking that we had missed ov (if it had happened at all) with DH being away, did a test when we got back and BFN (about day 28) then DH persuaded me to test again about 5 days later on Easter Monday so after a restless night where I kicked him out into the guest room I did a FRER totally convinced I wasn't pg and the test line came up before control line, I sat there staring at it for about a minute and then burst into guest room with test and he was over the moon.
Next day had to phone my boss and tell him that I wasn't able to go to sea :)

Laura, I got a BFN the day my AF was due. That's why the positive at 10 days was such a shock!! Xxx

Thanks Mrs B. Hoping it is still possible I can get one. 4 days late and still bfn. Time will tell I guess!xxxx

I was getting married in The Gambia and had been on the pill for about 15 years so thought it would take us ages to try for a baby and as I was 34 felt ready to come off pill. I wanted to time it so I was not on my period when away for our wedding and honeymoon ;-) so I took my last pill, week later had period then next week got married. Never even considered the possibility of getting pregnant! I got Married on 7th December and was chatting to a friend on phone who was concerned she may be pregnant. This was 2 days before Xmas and as she was talking I started looking at calendar myself and thought it was strange I'd not had period since before my wedding.... I put thought out my head and just carried on. DH and I had an argument about nothing and I blurted out in tears that I may be pregnant. I think he thought I was nuts :) anyway it was new years eve and heading away to our friends for a party. I went to shop to get crate of beer and as an afterthought I ran back and grabbed a first response test. I jumped in car and said to DH joking saying I'd better do a test before drinking all the beer. I got to her house, ran upstairs to loo and peed on the stick. I was so sure it would be bfn I even went downstairs for 5 mins then went back to check. OMG 2 lines BFP :O I could not believe it. I got really hot and flushed then started to shake. I went back downstairs and said to dh I needed him for a bit. I told him and he could not believe it either! He gave me a big hug and I know we were both in shock. Funny thing was trying to hide it at the party! I had my worries cos worked out conceived on honeymoon and taking malaria tablets, drinking and not looking out for myself. Anyway 9 months later and our son born very healthy! Cant wait for ttc again just need to get this bloody coil out but the bugger is missing! Scan on monday then have to wait even longer to get yhe damn thing out. Think it will take ages this time round now im 38 but fingers crossef and babydust to everyone here ttc :) it can happen whdn you least expect it!

We were ttc for 2 months and every month I was testing and getting negative :( the month I got my bfp I tested early like normal with eBay cheapies and nothing happened so thought dodgy batch!! After 10mins the second line came up so did another test and again the same happened!! So waited 2 days and got a cbd, did the test up my mums and it def was positive!! Yay!!! Was so happy waited for OH to come home from work but when he did we had an arguement about bread so I thought fuck you I'm not telling you so waited a couple more days to tell him!! When I did he said he already knew as he had a feeling!! Men...!!

we had been TTC religiously for 5 months ie CM checking, OPK's etc. but on the 6th month after so many BFN's we decided not to do anything like that, just let nature take its course and just chill out.
i had some cheapies from eBay left so decided, what the hell why not test 3 days before my period was due. to my amazement i got a faint second line- rang OH straight away literally screaming down the phone. then came straight on here to tell the girls. everyone told me to get a CBD so i did, and on fathers day ( day my period was due) i got PREGNANT 1-2 WEEKS.

it was a shock to the system because i hadn't been doing any checks, not stressing over TTC and we only BD twice. so my bean is my little miracle.
good luck TTC ladies, babydust xxxxx

We started TTC when we got back from getting married in Mexico - had AF when I got back, then the next month tried to use ovulation sticks as cycle usually between 32-37 days and wanted to know when was the best time - never got a positive result so decided just to go on what I thought. Due to hubby being on night shift and ill, we didn't get many chances so didn't really think it was likely. Did a cheapy test on the Friday (day 36) and got a BFN. Drank like a fish on the Sat night, felt ill all day Sunday, and did another test while DH was getting takeaway, and got a very faint BFP! Showed DH when he got back in and we were both a bit hmm, is it a line, it's very faint... So got a CBD before work the next day, peed in the loo and got a definite BFP!

Well we stopped using contraception after we had the diagnosis "infertile" after having chemo a year before. then i got very very broody and we started trying a bit harder, then i decided to get some opk's and that month we managed it. It was 7 months after starting to try we were just about to get our referal appnt through from a fertility clinic to have IUI.

I felt like i kinda knew but didnt want to get my hopes up or admit it. I started gagging at smells a lot, not actually being sick.. but almost. I also had slight constipation. I decided to test i think 10dpo with an internet cheapie and got a FEINT line... OH couldnt see it... so I got him to get some boots ones the next day... positive but feint, and first response... positive but feint... and finally OH was starting to see them i then decided enough was enough and did a digital test 3 days later, which was 13dpo and it came up pregnant. I ran downstairs and shoved it in OH's face... "can you see that!!??" i said... he jus replied with a simple yes! lol we were both happy but then the fear set in cuz i had had an uneventful pregnancy with my first up until 28 weeks when i had to have an emergency c section due to preeclampsia and our lo has been in and out of hospital and he has now been diagnosed with various special needs... we were like... can we do this all again and are we taking attention that our lo needs away from him... etc etc... but now at 12 weeks... ive accepted it... this is going to be a good pregnancy!!! wooo!!

good luck to everyone TTC and remember that even infertile people can fall pregnant sometimes the docs just dont know and cant explain it!!!

xxxx

I had a bit of an accident in June with a guy (long story) and it was then that I decided I wanted to TTC. Because I've been out as a lesbian for 10 years I decided to find a sperm donor. I had 5 donations in August. I was convinced I wasn't pregnant as I felt like AF was about to arrive. I even made the decision that if i wasn't pregnant and I really didn't think I was, I would wait a year. My sperm donor was happy to wait and help me. AF was 3 days late but it had been 7 days early in August so I was still totally convinced I was pregnant, also didn't think it would happen so quick. Was at a friends house sitting and decided to buy a couple of boots tests. I was so nervous about doing the test and I'd never felt nervous before. Line came up within a minute, I was shaking. Called my best friend straight away. And that was it, did another 2 tests that night, a CBD two days later and another 2 CBD a week later. Yep it took ages to sink in :roll::)

I like this thread ;)

I tried to make sure me nd my OH did lots of BDing the week running up to ovulation and in the 2ww i did a test just about every day!!

I used my last ebay chepie test on the saturday and got bfn as i had done every single day that week. I ran out to boots to get a test on the sunday because it as the day my af should have arrived and i was totally addicted to POAS. I even waited 20 mins outside boots fot it to open - and i didnt even think i was pg i was just addicted to testing!

When the test was developing i just sat and stared at the 2 lines in shock. I think id had sooooo many bfns that id actually forgotton that bfps actually happened!! Me and my OH didnt hardly talk about it for a few days becuase we juyst didnt feel like it was real and we didnt want to jinx it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back