Taking temperature at same time everyday..

Redshoes

Reaction score
Do you have to take your temperature at the EXACT SAME TIME every day when charting it? I'm just interested in checking I am actually releasing eggs :D but doing anything at the SAME TIME every day would be near impossible for me, any advice?

I asked this yesterday (see thread temping question) and gotthis really helpful reply off Becs

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really important that you take your temp when you first wake up and before you do anything, including kissing your other half. If you take it at the same time each day but this is not when you wake up then it will be inaccurate as so many other things will have effected your temp. You also need to take your waking temp at the same time every day as you get hotter as the morning progresses even if you are still asleep. It's a pain I know as we all like to sleep in at weekends or days off. I was temping for about a year and used to set my alarm to go off at weekends to wake me up at the time I'd get up to go to work, take my temp and then go back to sleep. It is a real bug to bare but it does create a much more accurate reading. Also I ended up temping vaginally as your temps are also affected by if you have been asleep with your mouth open. The best reason for doing it vaginally is that hubby doesn't notice as the beeping is under the duvet and he can't hear it. In fact I'm not sure my husband even realise I was doing it from down there.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck,
Becs

Thankyou gypsy 'and Becs' :hug: :hug:
I wouldn't mind the getting up, only with LO still in our bedroom, I fear it will interupt his sleeping, and if he wakes before I do my temp, I won't be able to take it as I need to see to him first :? but thankyou very much for answering my question, really appreciate it :hug:

This was my problem. I take mine every morning when DH goes to work but on saturday I had a lie in and woke up late and DH had got up with the boys so my temperature was taken late....... :roll:

It is tricky if you have your LO to attend to.

Gypsy - try not to worry about the odd late temp, just make sure you record the time it was taken at in FF.

I set my alarm for weekends too which is a pain but I soon drop back off. DH doesn't even hear it, he's usually still fast asleep.

Redshoes - are you b/feeding? That can affect your cycles and ovulation.

:hug: gypsy, hopefully like Bagpuss17 says it will not interfere if you put it on your FF chart, very best wishes, I do hope your BFP's here soon, so you can also get some lie ins :D :hug:

Bagpuss17 I was partially BF'ing when I started TTC, my cycles were 33, 28, 33, 28, not sure what this one is as yet. I only BF Isaac once a day, for anything between 5-15mins, first thing every morning as he comes into bed with us. I always said I wouldn't stop BF'ing to TTC, and I haven't we've naturally just got down to 1 feed a day.

I just thought that maybe I wasn't releasing eggs as we BD at the 'correct' times according to my OVPK results. Obviously there's more to it, but I was told by PF user Rachael that positive OVPK doesn't mean you've actually ovulated but that temping can positively say whether you've ovulated or not, that's why I was looking into it, but as said above, with LO its a bit tricky to time still, maybe in a few months if still no BFP :pray:

Thankyou very much for the replies, muchly appreciated :hug: Sticky Baby Dust to all who need it :hug:

stickybabydust.gif
stickybabydust.gif
stickybabydust.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back