Taking soy isoflavins with normal cycle?

lillith112

Reaction score
Has anyone with normal menstrual cycles taken soy isoflavins and what effect did it have ?. I've read you should only take it if you have irregular periods but due to my age 43, and the fact my eggs are declining and been ttc 15 months I'm wondering if I should try it next cycle as read it increases estrogen and that declines as you age ?. Xx

I've been wondering this too Lillith. I have fairly normal cycles so I'm worried taking it would mess them up, but recently my cycles have been a bit unpredictable and ovulation doesn't seem very strong. I'm wondering if this could help! Hope someone can help xx

I've been wondering this too Lillith. I have fairly normal cycles so I'm worried taking it would mess them up, but recently my cycles have been a bit unpredictable and ovulation doesn't seem very strong. I'm wondering if this could help! Hope someone can help xx

Yes I've read a few horror stories about it messing cycles right up, and knowing my luck it is bound to happen to me lol. I've heard it also makes you ovulate earlier. xx

I think it can trigger earlier ovulation but that depends on the timing of when you take it. Unless you have a problem with ovulating i dont think you really want to trigger earlier ovulation because that gives less time for the egg to mature which can mean lower egg quality.

Hi lillith, I am 42 soon to b 43. I have taken soy this month. Had a good strong ovulation , used opks. 9dpo today CD 22. I will let you know how it goes xx

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Also I thought I ovulated day 17, but this month day 13 . So a bit early x

Hi lillith, I am 42 soon to b 43. I have taken soy this month. Had a good strong ovulation , used opks. 9dpo today CD 22. I will let you know how it goes xx

Are your cycles regular Augustus?, I usually have strong opks but this month it wasn't strong at all, I did have gallbladder surgery just before ovulation so I think that's why but I'm willing to try anything once xx

Are you having any pregnancy symptoms. ?, I hope it's worked for you, fingers crossed, when are you going to test ? xx

My cycles were always 34 days. Then they changed to 27, 28, 29 and 30 last month. So not to irregular I put it down to age. I thought why not try soy.

I have tried not to symptom spot. Today I have been super thirsty and I am a poor drinker. Yet today it is all I have done. I also have tingly sensations in my boobs and had cranky, pulling , twinges in my womb. Xx

My mum had her gallbladder out two weeks ago. How are you finding it? Mum had keyhole and seems ok. Xx

My cycles were always 34 days. Then they changed to 27, 28, 29 and 30 last month. So not to irregular I put it down to age. I thought why not try soy.

I have tried not to symptom spot. Today I have been super thirsty and I am a poor drinker. Yet today it is all I have done. I also have tingly sensations in my boobs and had cranky, pulling , twinges in my womb. Xx

My mum had her gallbladder out two weeks ago. How are you finding it? Mum had keyhole and seems ok. Xx

What days and dose of soy did you take ?. Your symptoms sound really promising hun ! Be amazing if it's worked, I will be tempted to try it.
Gallbladder op was ok apart from me reacting badly to the anaesthetic, was in pain a few days, the scars are healing nicely, I didn't even have stitches, they used glue lol. I have had slight pain today but its because I over did it yesterday and did a bit of exercise. I had mine out just over 2 weeks ago. Hows your mum finding it ?. Oh has she got increased appetite. ?, mine has gone through the roof ! xx

I took it day 4-8. 80, 120, 120, 160 and 200mg. I was hesitant but thought I would try it..
Hoping it has worked for a bfp, but it definitely helped ovulation.

My mum was bad after her anaesthetic too. She had staples removed last week. She is eating well and definitely more comfortable than she was before. Glad your recovering well x

I've heard it does different things according to which days you take it, one makes more follicles and one matures one follicle or something like that ?, what make soy did you use ?, I'm still scared to try it.
I'm glad your mum is ok and recovering well, she had staples, it must vary surgeon to surgeon, my friend had dissolvable stitches. I keep trying to pick the glue off, still have bits stuck on lol. X

I just used tesco own brand. It is 40mg soy so I worked out dosage each day. I know some people take higher doses but I was worried. Is it earlier you take it more eggs less quality and later stronger egg. Something like that. I really hope it is successful. X

I just used tesco own brand. It is 40mg soy so I worked out dosage each day. I know some people take higher doses but I was worried. Is it earlier you take it more eggs less quality and later stronger egg. Something like that. I really hope it is successful. X

Yes I think if you take it 5-9 it matures one follicle, if you take it 2-6 I think it matures several follicles which could result in multiples x

Hi girls
I took it 5-9 and it actually delayed my Ovulation but I ended up with a Bfp , I think it's really good for maturing your egg lilith and when I start TTC again I will definitely be taking it

good luck my lovelies :)

xxxxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hi girls
I took it 5-9 and it actually delayed my Ovulation but I ended up with a Bfp , I think it's really good for maturing your egg lilith and when I start TTC again I will definitely be taking it

good luck my lovelies :)

xxxxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks Gail, what dose did you take ?. I've been following you on the other post, I honestly believe that you will not be back in the ttc section, I feel really positive about your baby, don't ask me why, I just do. I will be thinking of you tomorrow hun. Hugs xx

I took Soy a few months ago, ovulated super early on it and had OV pains which i dont normally get! My cycles are usually between 25-29 days, I took it and got a positive opk on CD10 and ovulated the next day!! Not sure if i would take it again...maybe? I am alwats a little weary of things that affect m cycles/ovualtion. Saying that I've heard some positive stories from it (Also in my 40's btw)

Have you heard of COQ10/Ubiquinol? Apprantly meant to help improve egg quality, been taking COQ10 since September and just switched to the ubiquinol verson as its meant to be 8 times more potent :shock:

x

I took Soy a few months ago, ovulated super early on it and had OV pains which i dont normally get! My cycles are usually between 25-29 days, I took it and got a positive opk on CD10 and ovulated the next day!! Not sure if i would take it again...maybe? I am alwats a little weary of things that affect m cycles/ovualtion. Saying that I've heard some positive stories from it (Also in my 40's btw)

Have you heard of COQ10/Ubiquinol? Apprantly meant to help improve egg quality, been taking COQ10 since September and just switched to the ubiquinol verson as its meant to be 8 times more potent :shock:

x

Hi hun, yes same as you I am very weary of anything that might mess cycles up. I took epo and I ovulated on cd10, ultra early for me. I have also started maca powder and my 29day cycle has been reduced to 26 days so I'm not using that anymore.
I started on Ubiquinol a few days ago, I'm on 300g, I have read you have to take 600g ?. What dose are you on ? xx

Just wondering what is ubiquinol? Where do you get it? Xx

Just wondering what is ubiquinol? Where do you get it? Xx

Ubiquinol is a more absorbable form of Q10, apparently at a certain age Q10 is very hard to absorb leaving it useless. I got mine from Amazon, I'm taking 300 mg every morning but have read you need to take 600mg so may have to up my dose. It's supposed to improve egg quality in older ladies like me lol. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back