Taking Harry to the docs

rheannymac

Reaction score
I've noticed a few times if I've gone through to check on him, or if he's stirred needing his dummy in that his breathing has been funny. The only way I can describe it is like if a child has been really worked up crying and once they've calmed down but their breathing is still a bit laboured. Like taking short wee bursts of breath? He only ever does it when he's sleeping & after a few minutes it goes back to normal. It usually only happens every so often but it's happened the past 2 nights and last night it took a bit longer to go back to normal. I know it could be absolutely nothing but I've got myself worried sick now so I've got an appointment at the docs at 2pm. I'm so scared they're gonna tell me there's something wrong with my boy!

Sure it s nothing but best to get it checked! X

Sol does this when he's dreaming? Could it be that? X

Thanks Hun.
I'm just hoping the docs will listen and not just say I'm wasting their time, it's so hard to explain what's actually happening cos he's totally fine within himself other than that. I'm just so worried it is something serious though, I mean at the end of the day your breathing isn't meant to go all funny & laboured when your doing absolutely nothing but sleeping?

I am sure all is fine but best to get these things checked. Let us know how you get on Hun x

You could try to film it on your phone if they don't believe you! I hope it's nothing, good luck xx

Hey girls,
Just been to the doc who was useless. Wasn't really listening, I had a video which wasn't great but you could still hear the breathing in it and she just said its cos of a blocked nose :/ it's nothing to do with his nose, I've had her before myself and she was useless then too but I didn't realise it was the same woman (I don't get the same doc for me every time, I do for Harry but he wasn't in today) I'm going to wait a week or so and if it happens again ill make a non emergency appt with his usual dr.

No way how can a GP be so blasé about a baby? I've been to the docs with Harry for a prolonged cold a couple of times and our GP has taken it seriously and done all the checks, even though deep down I know I'm over reacting! I would make another appointment with your other doc Hun just for your own piece of mind, I'm sure he will be just fine little cutie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back