'Taking Charge Of Your Fertility' by Toni Weschler ...

LauraB

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've had a couple of PMs recently about the book 'Taking Charge Of Your Fertility' by Toni Weschler. As it's a well-known best-seller, I thought I'd put the details in here for those of you who would like to know more about it. Hope it helps!

Best wishes to all of you,
LauraB

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler

Book Description
A best-selling guide to a woman's reproductive health. A must read for any woman thinking of becoming pregnant.

Synopsis
An explanation of the Fertility Awareness Method is provided in this updated, illustrated guide. For couples facing up to infertility, it offers a natural alternative to ineffective procedures and a biologically-proven method of fertility control for avoiding or achieving pregnancy.

About the Author
Toni Weschler has a master's degree in public health and founded Fertility Awareness Counselling and Training Seminars (FACTS) in 1986. She has lectured at hospitals, clinics and universities, as well as appearing regularly on TV and radio.

Available to buy at Amazon (both UK and US websites).

It is super-informative! I learned so much. Everyone should read it!

This book is a god send.

It teaches you so much about your body. It really is an insight.

I gave up the pill a year ago and used natural birth control, with the guidance of this book. I knew exactly when I should and should not be having sex without contraception and why.

To cut a long story short, we planned to try for a baby last month on our honeymoon and I was very excited because I knew (from previous charts) that I would ovulate on the 12th may and sure enough, I ovulated dead on time (my temperature shot up through the roof)

We had lots of nookie in the days leading up to the bit 'O' day and surely enough, I conceived straight away and I am now nearly five weeks pregnant. I realise I am only at the early stages yet, and we are still in major shock. Just trying to get our heads round it now.

Without this book, the whole process would have remained a mystery.

I recommend this book to all women, whether trying for a baby or not, as it teaches you all you need to know about the drama of the female body.

Thanks Laura and thanks Sarah for suggesting it.
I've just ordered it from Amazon.
Although we didn't have any problems getting pregnant last time round, I'm paranoid since the m/c that I won't be able to do it again so have bought the book to make sure we're doing everything right!
Fingers crossed!
Lucyx

this book is fab and i really recommend it to you all. I couldn't put it down all weekend.

Why didn't i own this book during puberty!!!!
How did i get through my life knowing so little about my body!

Just bought this book on Amazon on the back of all these recommendations. Is there section in there about male fertility and the things that can be done for a guy to improve his chances?

Yep, Im a guy.

Thanks folks!
Indo :D

i can't find my copy but i'm sure there is loads in there about male fertility and female fertility and how you could improve your chances etc.

I purchased this book over the weekend and was absolutely amazed by what I read. I never knew about charting and what signs to look for before ovulation - we were only focused on ovulation on day 14! Definitely recommend this book. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for two months, and this book has probably prevented a lot of potential heartbreak due to not understanding my cycle... we'll see :) It certainly adds hope. I'll let you know how it goes in December if it works out!

Incidently, I thought this link was informative if you didn't want to buy the book, or haven't had a chance to buy it yet: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/HelpCent ... signs.html

I ordered this book from amazon the other day. Having been reading this forum, i've realised that there's so much that I just didn't know about my body!! Hopefully I'll learn a lot from it.

Thank you very much for suggesting it :D

I have this book and to me all of the charting seems like gobbledeegook...lol...its just me i guess. the book in istself is awesome, its just the charting im still having a difficult time with.

I got this book today! Cant wait to start reading :)

I just wanted to say i bought this book a few months ago and it has some very interesting things in it...

x

My wife and I had been trying for about a year, and I bought her this book for Xmas. Within two months she was pregnant, and now we're six weeks down the line and very grateful to the woman who wrote this book!

I bought this book as I figured that knowledge is power (!) and I have to say it is amazing! I have learnt so much about my body and the way it prepares for a baby.

Even if you don't use all of her methods I would definitely recommend this book just so that you know what to expect, when and how things work.

Just knowing when to test is such a liberating thing - no testing too early = no stressing over BFNs etc.

Well worth a read.

Brilliant read... I also found the charting section hard to get my head around but the rest of the book made me so proud to be a woman!!!! all I can say is WOW there was so much I didnt know about my own body and how it works!!! I keep spurting snippets of info to my OH :lol:

Ive read it and keep reading odd bits and bobs of the book daily to see whats happening inside :lol:

rusks said:
this book is fab and i really recommend it to you all. I couldn't put it down all weekend.

just found this in this thread it was from over 2 years ago when i was ttc my first son!! it really is worth a read infact i'm going to go up in the loft and get it down again!! :cheer:

I'm really excited to read the contents inside this book nearly me. Amazon.com just delivered my book, finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back