Taking baby out

Kimbo

Reaction score
my sister has just invited me to her twin daughters christening.. it's on 24th February.

obviously i want to take Leah, but if she comes on my due date, she will be 4 week old... and if she comes at 42 weeks instead, then she will only be 2 week old.

it will be a church service first, and then to a local pub for the buffet/do.

do you think i should forget it and stay at home? will Leah be too young to be out for so long in one day?? i've no idea :oops: :oops:

As long as you feel up to it she will be fine hun

I went to a christening when Tim was 5 weeks old, and the entire ante-natal group were there with their babies (7 babies in all), they were all really well behaved.

I just made sure that I had fed him before we left, and I had a bottle of formula with me in case he got hungry in the church. He slept all the way through the service anyway!

I'd say, see how you feel on the day, and if you don't feel like going, just give them a call that morning to apologise...

I think she wil be ok..she wil still be very young so she wil spend most of her time sleeping so it doesn't really matter where she's sleeping lol :)

she'll prob sleep through the whole thing. We went to a wedding with Arianna when she was about 8wks old and she slept all day. I just made sure I sat at the back of the church so if she did cry I could sneek out the back rather than upset the rest of the guests with a baby crying

Yes I agree, if you feel up to it she will probably sleep through it all anyway! :D

Go to the christening. It's much easier to get out and about with a very small baby that sleeps most of the time than it is to get out with a 5 month old that has a mind of her own! We went out for dinner, to the pub after cricket, to a county show - lots of places when she was small and she just slept. All they need at that age is comfort, milk and sleep.

As most of the other girls have said, thats the easy age to take them out, Clark was an angel when he was tiny, just as long as we had the pram with us and could rock him in it! He would easily sleep straight past his feeds just as long as we were pushing or rocking the pram!!

thanks for your replies everyone.
will deffo be going :D
just wasn't sure if it was wise to take them out so young... but if it's the easiest time then i might as well! :hug: :hug:

And it will be a great chance to show off your beautiful girl!!! :cheer:

evemarie8 said:
And it will be a great chance to show off your beautiful girl!!! :cheer:

Agreed...

We've got a wedding to go to on the 16th of Feb... If little miss decides she needs some rocket fuel help for eviction she will only be around 1 or 2 weeks old at the time of the wedding.. We have to go because its the best man from our wedding who's getting married.

Its a Spanish wedding, so it will be a 3 hour nuptuial mass, plus a the reception will go on into the tiny weeny hours of the morning... around 3am. I'm not sure I will go to the nuptuial mass with the baby, because the churches here aren't that comfy.. but the reception I will..

Just make sure you take plenty of nappies etc :) and have something you can lie her down in like a carry cot or pram... :)

I Gave Birth Xmas Eve, Left Hospital 10am Xmas Morning & Went Straight Out at 12pm With The Baby & OH's Family All Day. Got Home 7pm-ish. She Slept In My Arms The Whole Time :)

Its not about how young Leah will be hun, It's how you will be feeling. I came out of hospital the same day I gave birth and me & OH went out the next day, Harrison was fine, slept the whole time but I felt a bit poo after a while so had to come home. I'm sure you'll be fine by then though, just dont push yourself if you dont feel up to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back