Taking baby out for first time.

Colourmeblue

Reaction score
Hi all. My first thread on this section. After a bit of advice. Had my beautiful little girl 3 days ago. Have been invited to m=y mum and dads for fathers day dinner today. Do you think its ok to take baby out so soon? - I would only be taking her from our house to theirs, so just in and out of the car. And there wont be a big crowd there, just my mum, dad and brother. What do you ladies think? Thanks xx

I think it should be ok. My baby was visiting family from a few days old. We just didn't go anywhere public but that was my own personal choice.

My midwife made me take my daughter to the health centre in town when she was 3 days old and we had to sit in a waiting room with other adults there for some other reason. She was fine so I don't think there would be any problem going to your mums, so long as you feel up to it.x

I think it would be a nice first trip out. A gentle intro into going out with baby. You can always go back home if you feel it's too much when you get there. Having a newborn is the perfect excuse :lol:

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I think it will be fine, might give you a little break too xxx

Go for it! It will be very good for both of you :) Just take your time with everything and take it easy.

Have a lovely time xx

Definitely go for it! As the other ladies said, a nice transition into taking baby out :) have a lovely time x

Tapatalking!

will be fine have a fab day x

What a lovely first day out. I had my baby girl round the shops at 5 days and that was post csection. My mum couldnt wait to shop off her precious girl and I was so glad to see the real world after 3 days in hospital. Let everyone make a fuss of you both. Xxx oh and congratulations xxx

tapatalking

I had to go out the day after giving birth at home, to get E checked at the GP. That was horrific but since you are going to family's and its been a couple of days I'd say go for it! Just give yourself plenty of time to get ready etc and have a nice time :)
Big congratulations too xx

It will be fine! I had to go out with baby the day after giving birth and went to mothercare as I there was so much stuff I hadn't bought enough of- nursing bras, baby grows, vests and blankets! And it was minus 5 with snow! Lol!

Gosh thinking about this brought back memories, when my son was born he was a little jaundice, I was told to get him out as much as possible from day 1 to get some sun. If your up to it no reason not to.

We went out on day 4, just to the shops and popped into see in-laws very briefly.

It was very cold then though. That was pretty much when the freezing weather started and I could have happily stayed in all winter lol.

I would say it would be fine hun. Go and have a nice dinner :)

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
I first took Max out when he was 4 days old.
It's fine, have a great time :) xx

Gosh thinking about this brought back memories, when my son was born he was a little jaundice, I was told to get him out as much as possible from day 1 to get some sun. If your up to it no reason not to.

Yep I had to do that too. The weather was ok in early october though. Xx

tapatalking

Thank you so much for all your replies. I love this forum! Dunno what i would do without all of you! We are just about to go, got the bag packed xx

Go abs have a lovely time! I took Harry out around the shops for an hour on day 3. I loved showing him off. By the time we headed home though I was getting sore & ready for collapsing on the sofa so I reckon this will be a great way too get into the swing of things! Congratulations on your bundle & enjoy your dinner! Xxx

Thank you so much for all your replies. I love this forum! Dunno what i would do without all of you! We are just about to go, got the bag packed xx

So, how did it go...? Hope you had a nice time :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back