Taking baby on a train?!

Constantstar

Reaction score
Silly question I know but I never use them. I have to take Owen in his pram tommo and change trains twice .
Q1 is there places for u to sit with buggies.
Q2 Most train stations I've been on have stairs everywhere . Do they have to have access for buggies?!
Thank u sorry for sounding daft but I'm worried! X

I think all trains and stations are accessible to buggys because they have to be accessible to wheelchair users. I always sit in the wheelchair area in the train which usually has a seat with a big area in front of it for the buggy. I've got the train with my Owen a few times and never had any problems but I obviously haven't been to all stations. My Owen loves the train, I hope yours does too x

I think they have to ring in and advance to let them know do they get assistance. If you look at a tube map the few stations with access have a picture of a wheel chair on them.

i got a train today with my lo and i always sit in the disabled access, ask before you get on which carriage it is. afew times in the past ive had to collapse the buggy to allow for wheelchairs which is annoying as there is no other space for prams, got knows what they would do if there were more wheelchair bound people its ridiculous.also, alot of people put their luggage in the disabled area which pisses me off as obvosuly you dont know who they are to ask them to move it!!! getting off the train is a nightmare unless someone helps you, and alot of stations which i have been to are stairs only or the moving stairs! ridiculous! also.... take lots of wipes and hand sanitisor as in my experience all the toilets and baby change facilities i have used have been disgusting!!!!!

Are you talking about taking trains near/in London or further out? I have taken SW trains in London - to Waterloo -then Jubilee line and used lifts, you can look up on TFL..
Also used wheelchair space on the train.I found people to be helpful with the stairs

I'm going from Croydon to Clapham and then Clapham to Kensington ( Olympia) no tubes x

I haven't gone! Poor Owens having an awful time with his teeth and is screaming and shouting . Poor bubba. Can't put him through a long day as well :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back