Taken the plunge ...

Dotty_woman

Reaction score
...and bought my first few bits of clothing for my bubba! Hope I don't regret it! It's all feeling a bit real now! :s

I did that quite early, it's a nice feeling isn't it?
I have my 16 week midwife appt tomorrow, when I have appointments it starts to feel more real :) (although I doubt it will sink in properly for me until baby actually arrives) :)

What did you get?

A sleepsuit and a little coat. OH was laughing at me getting excited. I've still got such a long way to go! xxx

I don't have another midwife appointment until next week. My scan is ages away! Just as well I had that freebie scan in the interim just to keep me sane!

I've been so worried that my OH forced me to buy baby stuff. :)
My next scan isn't until 17th July and I don't have any keep me sane scans in between as OH think it's a waste of money because "baby is fine". I guess he has a point :)

It's nice to buy those first bits, surprisingly, we have bought one new outfit then a few second hand bits too (they were mega cheap and great condition). Babies are bloody expensive.

I bought my first bits two weeks ago as was having a girlie shopping day with the bestie. We both went a bit mad but I've vowed ill buy no more for a while now as we're not due for soooo long!! It's our first and both myself and OH are super excited!! He's been dreaming of baby lately and wakes up on a morning to tell me about it! It's v sweet!! X

Currently 14wks 3days
Due 14.12.13

I'm turning into a right mushy woman! Hopefully it will help me take my mind off work that I'm really hating at the moment.xxx

Oh tell me about it! Any little thing is making me coo and go slightly deranged!! Lol. Fingers crossed work gets better for you! X

Aw so glad youve bought some stuff! I seem to have bought lots!!! All bargains and which we're in sales though! Just so exciting to sit there and stare at the little items you've bought!!!
It will fly by hun x

I still can't believe I'm buying things for my baby, I just sat and there smiling looking at all these baby grows and little outfits. It's so surreal still. My mother in law can't stop buying though haha, she's amazing xx

Last edited:
I have nearly a whole wardrobe full of little bits! :oops: I just dont feel that anything going wrong feom here on is an option. I dont believe in jinxing or tempting fate, if something happens it would have happenes anyway. I spent too much time worrying in tri1 and now upon reflection I thonk it was such a waste and that I shouldve been really enjoying it!

Im really glad youve biught some bits now dotty! Yheres absolutely nothong wrong with getting a bit mushy! :)

Babies are made to be spoilt :D I've said I'm not buying any more stuff until baby is born and we know if to get pink or blue. But mothercare do have lovely white things...

I bought my first bits the weekend after finding out we are team pink (hope they arent wrong ha ha) I was worried about it but mum convinced me and shes been buying stuff since day dot bless her! I got some sooooo cute pink converse and some ted baker jeans and cardi in the sale (cant keep splashing out on stuff like that though ha ha)

I say enjoy it :) xx

I'm not buying anything until after my 20 week scan. We're hoping to find out the sex and as I have a 7 month old we have all the basics anyway mostly neutral and blue. I'll only be buying a few gender specific bits of clothing if its a girl, that's all we need this time really.

Tri hopping here but yeah I agree with the girls, you should enjoy it! I bought my first little outfits a few days before my 20 week scan, gender neutral stuff from boots (soooo cute!). I was on cloud nine and so glad now I did that as it's such a lovely memory! Enjoy! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back