taken a sickie

Lau's

Reaction score
I am feeling really bad... i have thrown a sickie today at work. Dont usually do things like this and feeling very guilty! Hate using being pregnant as an excuse!:fib:

Anyone else thrown a sickie since they have been prego?

I haven't but I should have during the 1st tri - I was sick as a dog and just not functioning properly. I had it in my head that it was morning sickness and therefore not proper illness but I was being sick, I was dizzy and I felt sooo ill so really if I'd not been pregnant I'd definitely have been off with those symptoms!

Don't feel guilty, if you're ill, you're ill! xx

Sometimes you just have to! It's not good for you or for baby if you push yourself too hard, if you keep battling through all the time you'll just feel worse, and at this time if your body is telling you just to lie there and recuperate to have to listen to it as it knows best! :lol:

Yeah I have taken a few, mainly because I have a hours drive to work so just couldn't face the drive a few times as I would feel even sicker, and then if I did make it to work I would dread the journey back again. And anyway, if you can't take a few days off when you're PG when can you? :) Don't feel bad, you're doing whats best for the 2 of you, hope you feel better soon xx

I have taken 1 sickie so far and I am 12 weeks today. If I wasnt so depended on I probably would have taken a couple more.

Yeah I pulled a sickie a couple of weeks ago becaus I thought I was going to die an eelarly death if I didn't! Just relax, and don't feel bad about doing it - your body probably really needs it! X

i have my own business so at the mo im receving benfits i was on a course that was causin me nothin but stress so in the end i walked out and got a sick note for four weeks haha

i took 1 day off when i was about 20 weeks then this week i went home early and had tues and weds off and went back intoday, i was actually ill- all bunged up with cold and bad head but if i wasnt pregnant i probably would have gone to work like that in the past- but hey im pregnant and need the rest so i was guilty but not toooooo guilty lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back