Symotoms have gone can someone help?

kel

Reaction score
Hello All, BACKGROUND - I was told by the docs that i would never concieve naturally as I have blocked tubes and PCOS. I tried IVF back in August last year which failed. I decided to leave my stressful job and work from home with my husband and i love my new life. 2 weeks ago, I decided to go for IVF again and donate half my eggs. I was waiting for day 2 of my cycle to take a blood test to see whether I was a suitable candidate. I waited and waited and as my periods are so irregular it did not seem odd to me that it had not arrived. I was being sick in the mornings but i put it down to the warmer mornings and the heating being too high! Finally took a test and it was positive :shock: . I was scared out of my wits because I was convinced it was ectopic and because of what i was told by the experts. I then paid for a scan and the doctor was lovely, told me that i was 6-7 weeks pregnant, the baby was in the right place and there was a heartbeat. I was over the moon and so was my husband. Then the symptoms kicked in, sick, sore boobs, taste of copper etc. Now i think i am about 10 weeks and the symptoms have gone over the last few days. The only thing I am feeling is a few twinges in my lower abdomen and feel a bloated and heavy. Is this normal??? i am so scared of the worst but i am not sure if it is all in my head. does anyone else feel like this or should i go and see the doctor? :idea: Thanks for listening guys, everyone just says be positive but it is so hard, i am really trying though!!

Hi Kel

Firstly I want to wish you all the luck in the world. And congratulations... your story has such a nice ending. I am not pregnant (yet) so I can't give you any stories of my symptoms but I work with girls who are prgenant at the moment and many of my frineds have had babies. Every pregnancy is different. I have heard many times that pregnancy symptoms tend to fade out and disapear towards the end of the first 3months which seems to be at the stage your coming upto. I've heard many woman saying after the first 3 months they felt brilliant, no more morning sickness, no more tiredness. It's understandable you must be worried sick and saying "try to relax" is the most stupid thing anyone can say to you. All I can say is to make an appointment with your doctor, get him/her to check you out. Don't ever feel like your pestering them or worrying over nothing. This is your body, your baby and you want to know everything is okay.

I hope you having nothing to worry about. Good luck I wish you health and happpiness for the rest of your pregnancy

Hey Hayley

Thanks so much for the reply. Good luck to you too!! I guess I never thought I would see the day where I was +++++++ and just freaked. i have had a look at some posts and it seems that the anxiety is quite normal. People are right when they say, forget about it and it will happen because it did for me (fingers X, i got this far and beat it against all odds) and I had totally given up. I feel that when I did stop thinking about it all day everyday, a weight was lifted and i was able to carry on with life and get happy again. Best of luck to you Hayley and everyone!! :) I am just going to get on with it and stop thinking about it all the time now.

hi kel

Congratulations, for all you have been through you really do deserve this long awaited baby...good luck to you and your husband.

I had my son 10 years ago, so is a long time since I last had a baby....but I can confirm that as you go through different trimesters of the pregnancy there are different symptoms. I had really bad morning sickness for the first 12 weeks, then it just disappeared overnight. Plus I hear it is a very good sign to have the morning sickness at the beginning of the pregnancy as means the hormone levels are correct for the baby, but on the other hand if you don't have morning sickness there is nothing to worry about either. So is very normal to have different symtoms, as you get to the later stages, you may get heartburn and water retention in your ankles and hands, I did, was terrible, i forgot what my ankles looked like, they disappeared!LOL! But is all worth it, then after having my son, i got really bad piles....
But saying this everyone is different, and gets different symptom, but i really would not worry yourself over the symptoms changing.

Once again best of luck to you,

nikki
xx

Hi Kel,

try not to worry, just make sure you have regular check ups. It sounds as though everything is running smoothly :)

I remember reading on another site that sometimes symptoms can disapear for a while because your body may be getting slightly more used to the hormone changes. And as everyone else says symptoms change all the way through pregnancy - some women don't even notice a chance at first.

Vicky x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back