swollen hands

BevG

Reaction score
since cleaning the other night my hands have been swollen and puffy, the right more than the left. i know oedma is common at this stage of preg but i thought it was ankles (which are totally fine and only get a lil puffy at the end of the day if at all) but seriously the hands arent even going down.
i thought it might be due to the cleaning products i used the other day but its not got better and my right hand actually feels tight today where it didnt yesterday...
just wondering if anyone else had any experience of anything similar.

Hey, iv had exactly the same problem with my hands they get puffy on and off during the day and find that i have to remove my rings sometimes as well as they get tight and sore. Am also having a problem at night where my hand goes dead/ pins n needles. Mine has also been my right more then my left, and it also feels really tight if i try and put my hand into a fist or grip something. Im not sure what it is though but im not to worried as i have no swelling elsewhere or any other symptoms i will prob just mention it to my MW at my next appointment friday. Sorry i cant offer much help but your not the only 1 :)

after reading up it sounds like its possibly a touch of carpal tunnel syndrome which should go after baby is born. if your worried then get in touch with the mw. im not worried about it really just was curious as its just suddenly cropped up lol. im gonna get a bath later and drink plenty of water as that can help with the swelling

Il have a look into that, never heard of it before. Hope the bath and water help il give that a go too

Yep I have carpal tunnel too, can hardly bend my fingers and it hurts to buggery, sexy eh? :) xx

I had awful carpal tunnel for about 6 weeks before birth. Very swollen hands that hurt to buggery too. I bought a couple of sports wrist supports the neoprene ones that go over your thumb and wrap around your wrist. It really helped with the pain. I wore them religiously at night and sometimes in the day if the pain got bad. I found it really helped the carpal tunnel calm down. Luckily this was the first pg symptom to go down after bubs was born.

I Think I have a hint of this as well! I try to drink a lot of water!! It's not bothering me too much yet though.

lol i despise drinking water but im gonna munch a whole pack of grapes purely for the H2O content

mine have been swollen for months and much worse at night when the carpal tunnel kicks in the most

try using hot and cold water baths for them , it helps a little but not hugley.

nearly there though so only another few weeks to put up with it

im gettin a bath later so that might help. tbh ive had enough now lol, lack of sleep, nausea and sickness, aches pains etc. she can come soon as possible and i'll be happy. sick of waking up feeling sick and sore and the random pains in my bum or bump, even movements from her are hurting now and i cant tell whats an ache or a new pain. im fed up of throwing up and being uncomfy lol. i cant even contemplate that i could have up to 5 weeks of this so im chugging my RLT and taking the EPO orally and internally now.

awwww i know how ya feel hun, dreading going over my self i jut cant cope any more,

hopefully the bath will help yoou a bit, try sticking ur hands in the sink with cold water after see if it brigs them down any, feck iv forgotten the rlt the lasst few day btter get some into me now lol

even though we not dtd i think il be jumpin on him come 37 weeks to try get things going, so seen as use been going hell for leather u shold have a good chance lol

lol hell for leather huh...........hmm leather
havent done any more than we usually would have before pg really, sometimes we can do it every day for 3 days and then not for a few. lot of spontanaity in our relationship when it comes to that.
had my RLT and off for a bath in a min, got an odd tense feeling in my bump now at the sides and some crampy kinda feeling in the middle lol. dosent feel hard for a change either at the sides but does in the middle.

lol u not use that saying haha

i was actually looing into it there n apparently its not in the doing it its actually the hormones and waht not in his love juice than can kick start things along with the hormones from the womans O,

oh you realy do sound like things might be happening Bev think il have to find me a new buddy if you n carly both go in the nxt week lol

Try and keep your wrists straight and don't flex them as this makes carpal tunnel worse xx

ah i wouldnt count on anything happening too soon. got all the feb babies to go first lol. im not holding my breath or thinking everything will suddenly start just cos of the odd twinge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back