Swollen feet!

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by ZoeM1, Jan 2, 2008.

1. ZoeM1

ZoeM1 Active Member

:wave:

Well...it's the first day of my whole year off, I knackered, and my hands, feet, ankles and legs are swolen beyond belief!!

My feet actually hurt!!

Is there a good remedy for getting them to go down? They've been swolen for weeks!! I don't have high blood pressure, it's just the position of the bubs.

Zo

36 plus 3 days...eeekkkk!!

2. fothers

fothers Well-Known Member

enjoy your year off! :dance:

Try sitting with your feet raised above the height of your pelvis for a while to help the blood flow back upward a bit more easily :hug:

3. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Sadly the only way to get them to go down is to have a baby. I had hands and feet that were so swollen I was in permanent pain with it. I could not clench my fists or wear anything on my feet except flipflops. I was due in July and had my baby in August, so it wasn't too bad a time to be padding round barefoot - I do feel for you now though. OH massaging my hands and feet helped alleviate the pain but didn't make the swelling go away. 12 hours after I had my baby OH said 'hey, you have knees again!' but I still wasn't able to put my normal shoes or my wedding rings on for another 2 months. Sorry! :(

4. happy-chick

happy-chick Well-Known Member

Feet elavated, bowl of cold water, foot massage... none have worked for me im afraid but they have eased things and made me more comfortable :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: