Swollen feet and cankles

Corrinne37

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Ok my feet have ballooned!!
This started yesterday afternoon and they got really painful and hot and throbbing.

Today they were better first thing as had them up high overnight, but by 9am fat and swollen and puffy again by 9am.
It is so painful to walk or even stand on them.

Anyone else and anyone know if this is just norm in late pregnancy or should I seek advice?

Its the painful bit that is worrying me!!

xx

It's pretty normal I think, I have one swollen ankle which I need to keep an eye on but it goes down pretty much at night. I'm going to sit in the shade with my feet in a tub of cold water in a minute x

I also have this, they can be sooo painful to walk on when they are swollen. The main thing they will look at is whether the swelling goes down or not which from what you have said it does. As always if your concerned give your midwife a call that's what they are there for after all xx

It's normal :-( mine have been like this for 4 weeks now. Last week they got that bad I couldn't get a single pair of shoes on, not even flip flops. My hands blow up too. This heat is defiantly making it worse. I spoke to midwife and she said all you can do is elevate them.

I've found soaking them in really cold water, either in bath or bucket helps. Then I put my gym ball on couch and lie down with my legs on it for an hour so they are really really high. Also try some cooling foot get for temporary relief.

My mum said to put bottom half of our bed on bricks so its raised, so we also have that but not sure it helps haha x

Mine are horrendous. When they're really swollen, they do feel sore as the skin sort of feels stretched and tight. My feet itch like mad as well. It is normal, though it can be an indication of pre-eclampsia. The most likely reason for it is just late pregnancy and this horrible heat. I got told my BP was high yesterday and I have protein in my urine and the consultant still told me the swelling was most likely due to the heat and just one of those things.

If you get any headaches and blurred vision, then give your midwife a call.

Yup my feet v swollen and painful to touch even...and if i press finger into top of foot it leave indent

hope it eases off for u.hun but dont think weather is helping xxx

It's definitely the late stages of pregnancy and the heat hun. Mine are horrendous too and leave indent marks if I press them. They're not so much painful tho, but they do tingle a lot. It's the soles of my feet that seem to hurt when I walk, must be all the weight and pressure lol.

If your urine and bp are ok then you've nothing to worry about. Mw just told me to watch out for headaches or funny vision as this could be a sign of high bp which could then be a sign of pre-eclampsia xx

It's definitely the late stages of pregnancy and the heat hun. Mine are horrendous too and leave indent marks if I press them. They're not so much painful tho, but they do tingle a lot. It's the soles of my feet that seem to hurt when I walk, must be all the weight and pressure lol.

If your urine and bp are ok then you've nothing to worry about. Mw just told me to watch out for headaches or funny vision as this could be a sign of high bp which could then be a sign of pre-eclampsia xx

this is exactly what i was told :) my feet , ankles , face , hands are just ballooning by the week! its horrible. but theres nothin we can do about it, the heat is the devil at the min as well :( xx

Sadly its normal cold water in paddle pool or in baby bath and submerge them is best relief iv found x

Sadly its normal cold water in paddle pool or in baby bath and submerge them is best relief iv found x

my OH bought me a little foot spa and i keep puttin my feet in them every day it does help but never totally gets rid of the things! :wall2: awful xx be glad when i can actually see my bones again! lolx

Mine are like balloons but I always puff up in hot weather or on a flight. I have got mild throbbing almost pis and needles on the balls of my feet.

Thanks ladies, looks like its just another attractive quality then !!!
Elephantitis all over!!

Blahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back